This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons. All opinions are 100% mine.
This grilled salmon and asparagus is incredibly delicious and ready in less than thirty minutes. It’s the perfect summer meal!
Who else is totally thrilled that grilling season is finally here? Now that the weather is getting warmer, I’m looking forward to cooking as many meals outside as possible! I love being able to prepare a delicious and healthy meal without heating up the kitchen. The possibilities are endless when it comes to grilling, but one of my family’s favorite summer meals is this delicious grilled salmon and asparagus. It’s so quick and easy to make, healthy, and completely delicious. I love that I can have the whole meal ready in about thirty minutes!
When it comes to fresh seafood, I can always count on my local Albertsons store in Gilbert, Arizona. The quality, selection, and freshness are fantastic! I love that Albertsons has everything I need to make a delicious restaurant-quality meal at home. From an abundance of fresh produce to grilling favorites like seafood and portobello mushrooms, they’re my one-stop-shop for cooking a meal on the grill! I shopped at Albertsons in my local area, but you can also find quality grilling essentials at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb, and Vons.
How to Make Grilled Salmon
This grilled salmon and asparagus could not be easier to make! While your grill is preheating, drizzle the salmon with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. The olive oil will help it not stick to the grill as it cooks, and help to seal in the moisture.
To prepare the asparagus, wash it thoroughly, trim the ends, and then toss it with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
When you’re ready to cook, place the salmon flesh side down on the grill. Cook it for 6-8 minutes, then very carefully flip it. I found it helpful to use a large thin spatula and work it slowly to prevent the salmon from flaking too much.
Cook the salmon with the skin side down for an additional 5-6 minutes, until cooked through. Depending on how thick your asparagus stalks are, they will need somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes to cook thoroughly. Mine were fairly thick, so I just added them to the grill around the time I added the salmon, and they were done around the same time.
To finish the salmon and asparagus, I whipped up a quick lemon and garlic butter to pour over them. It’s so simple (just three ingredients!) and adds so much flavor. Sprinkle the salmon with a little fresh parsley, and you’ve got a fantastic and simple meal that’s just as delicious as eating out!
The salmon turns out so tender and flavorful, and the asparagus is the perfect complement. It’s a healthy and delicious meal that my whole family loves. Add some fresh seasonal fruit on the side, and you’ve got a complete summer meal!
Here’s a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Grilled Salmon and Asparagus
- 1 pound skin-on fresh salmon fillets
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- zest of one medium lemon
- juice of 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh parsley
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Prepare the salmon and asparagus by drizzling with olive oil, and sprinkling with salt and pepper. Be sure to brush the olive oil evenly to cover the entire surface of the salmon.
- Place the salmon on the grill, skin side up. Add the asparagus to the grill. Cook 6-8 minutes, then carefully flip the salmon using a thin spatula. Rotate the asparagus to ensure that it cooks evenly. Cook the salmon for an additional 5-6 minutes with the skin side down, then remove the salmon and asparagus from the grill.
- To make the lemon garlic butter, whisk together the melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Pour the butter over the cooked salmon and asparagus, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
I’m looking forward to a summer full of delicious grilled meals, and I love being able to find everything I need for a delicious meal at my local Albertsons. Be sure to visit Albertsons online and follow their social channels –