This tutorial on how to paint with Kool Aid is sponsored by Faultless.
I love finding different types of kids’ art projects that don’t include the typical tempera paint. It’s also fun when you can mix a little science in with the craft project, too! So when I learned about using Faultless® Premium Starch to make fun abstract type painting, I knew I had to try it out!
The starch mixed with powdered drink mix fizzes a little and makes for some pretty cool looking prints. The kiddos can learn about mixing colors, experiment with more or less starch, and more to while making these colorful tropical fish!
How to Paint with Kool Aid and Starch
- Faultless Premium Starch
- powdered drink mixes
- card stock
- fish template (or any other shape you want to make!)
- clear plastic page protectors
- Tape the page protector to the table to prevent it from moving around. Painters tape works great for this!
- Spray the page protector generously with Faultless Premium Starch.
- Sprinkle the powdered drink mix onto the spray starch while it is still wet. I like to put the powder into a bowl and then sprinkle it on with my fingers. You could also use a spoon.
- Place the card stock on top of the powder and starch, rub it around gently and peel up.
- Set the card stock aside to dry then cut your fish shape out of it.
- Draw on some eyes or use fun embellishments like googly eyes. You could also glue them to paper to make an under the sea collage!
For more craft ideas using starch, check out the Faultless website for Tips and Tricks.
Faultless Premium Starch is not only great for craft projects, but for keeping your clothes looking like new, too! Unlike other starch, the Faultless Premium Starch bottle won’t clog, flake or spot; plus it reduces ironing time.
See for yourself by downloading an instant coupon for Faultless Premium Starch. Faultless Premium Starch can be found in the laundry aisle of major retailers. Or click here to use the Faultless Find a Store tool.
One lucky reader will win a Faultless Starch product pack and a gift card!
- – Ironing board cover
- – Hot Iron Cleaner
- – three cans of Faultless Premium Starch
- – $25 Visa Gift Card
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
Congrats to Linda Kinsman!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Faultless Starch. The opinions and text are all mine.