Grilled Chicken Salad is loaded with tasty ingredients, and is so easy to make! It’s perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner!
This time of year, it seems like there are sweets everywhere I look! I definitely have a sweet tooth, but sometimes I’m just like, “Can a girl get a salad, please?” This grilled chicken salad is a delicious and light meal that’s perfect for counterbalancing all of those holiday desserts. It’s quick and easy to make, and full of ingredients you can feel good about!
This salad has so many great toppings! Fresh cherry tomatoes, juicy corn, tender chicken, shredded cheese, avocado, red onion… yum! I always love to add a little crunch to my salad, and I decided to change things up from my typical croutons by using some Harvest Snaps.
If you haven’t tried Harvest Snaps before, you are in for a special treat! Harvest Snaps are delicious and crisp little snacks made from high quality ingredients – like non-GMO green peas, black beans, and red lentils. You can find Harvest Snaps in the produce section of your local grocery store. They taste delicious, and they’re a better-for-you snack that’s guilt free! I chose the white cheddar flavor of Harvest Snaps for my salad, and I love how they complement all of the other delicious flavors.
One of my favorite things about this grilled chicken salad is that it’s so quick to make! You do need to take a little time to marinate the chicken, but you could easily start marinating it earlier in the day, and have it ready to go at lunchtime or dinner time. I like to grill the chicken to make things easier, but you could cook it in a skillet on the stovetop if you don’t feel like grilling.
Easy Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
This grilled chicken salad is hearty and filling, but still light and fresh. It’s so simple and delicious!
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1 cup vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup cooked corn
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup White Cheddar Harvest Snaps
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish and pour 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette dressing over the chicken. Turn to coat both sides with the dressing, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Let rest 5-10 minutes, then cut into chunks
- Add the lettuce, spinach, corn, red onion, and cherry tomatoes to a large salad bowl and toss with the remaining vinaigrette dressing. Sprinkle the cooked chicken, shredded cheese, avocado, and Harvest Snaps on top of the salad, and serve immediately.