These candy corn rice crispy treats are a fun seasonal twist on a traditional treat!
These candy corn rice crispy treats are perfect to make now, on Halloween or all the way through Thanksgiving!
Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
RICE CRISPY INGREDIENTS:
- 9 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1- 10oz bag mini marshmallows
- 7 tbsp butter
- yellow & orange food coloring
- Orange food coloring
- non-stick cooking spray
CANDY CORN CRISPY DIRECTIONS:
- Spray two 8″ round cake pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- Divide mini marshmallows and butter into three large microwave safe bowls as follows:
- Bowl one (will become the yellow ring): 5 cups mini marshmallows and 3 tablespoons butter
- Bowl two (will become the orange ring): 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows and 2 tablespoons butter
- The third bowl (will become the white center): 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows and 2 tablespoons butter
- Microwave bowl one for about 2 1/2 minutes, or until marshmallows become very puffy. Carefully remove bowl from microwave, it will be hot. Stir the marshmallow/butter mixture until smooth.
- Add 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring, stir until desired color is achieved.
- Once food coloring and marshmallow mixture is well blended, add 4 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal to the yellow marshmallow mixture. Stir until all the rice cereal is coated in yellow marshmallow mixture.
- Divide the yellow rice crispy mixture between the two cake pans, butter your hand well and begin to press the yellow crispies around the inside of the pans, forming a ring, leaving the middle of the pans empty. Use cooking spray as needed to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Repeat the process above for the orange ring and the white center, with the following measurements, don’t forget to add orange food coloring to your second round of melted marshmallows:
- Orange: 2 3/4 cups crispy rice cereal plus contents from bowl
- White: 2 cups crispy rice cereal plus contents from bowl #3
When you are finished with this process, your pans should look like this:
8. Let the crispy treats cool, turn out onto flat surface and cut into 6 equal pieces. Serve immediately or store in air tight container.
These treats are also fun to serve on a stick!