This chocolate tart recipe topped with pomegranates is an easy and beautiful dessert that is sure to impress!
We love an easy dessert that looks like we spent the entire day in the kitchen! Chocolate Lava Cake, Homemade Strawberry Cake, and this SIMPLE chocolate tart are a few of our most-used kitchen weapons when trying to impress without the stress!
Easy Chocolate Tart Recipe
If you love rich, creamy chocolate inside a delicious tasting crust, this chocolate tart recipe is for you! I’ve made this recipe several times for family and friends, and it has always been a hit! You can put whatever fruit or nuts on top of the chocolate, or leave it as-is. My favorite variation is to use pomegranates – they add a fun flavor and they look so pretty!
Make sure you check out our tutorial for how to cut open a pomegranate so you can easily extract those seeds in less than 5 minutes!
Gluten Free Chocolate Tart
This tart not only looks beautiful, it tastes amazing! It comes together easily AND the oat and pecan crust is gluten-free! Instead of traditional cream, this filling utilizes a combo of chocolate chips and coconut cream and the result is rich and thick.
Vegan Chocolate Tart
If you are looking for a vegan filling, simply swap the semi-sweet chocolate chips for a dairy-free variety. This chocolate tart recipe is literally crowd-pleasing!
How to make a Chocolate Tart –
- Begin building your chocolate tart by pressing your crust mixture into a 9-inch tart pan and baking until lightly golden brown.
- While the crust is cooling, prepare the filling by combining the chocolate chips and the coconut cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat.Stir frequently until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the optional sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Pour the filling into the crust and chill in the fridge for about an hour or until the filling is beginning to thicken up.
- Once the filling is beginning to set, top it with handfuls of pomegranate seeds for a bright contrast of flavor and texture.
- Continue to allow the completed tart to set in the fridge for another 2 hours or until you are ready to serve it.
- Allow the filling to finish setting in the fridge and remove from your tart pan once you’re ready to serve.
Chocolate Tart with Pomegranates
Chocolate Tart with Pomegranates
This chocolate tart recipe topped with pomegranates is an easy and beautiful dessert that is sure to impress! Makes one 9-inch tart, cut into 6 pieces.
for the crust-
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
for the filling-
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can of coconut cream chilled in the fridge overnight
- 2 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the topping-
- Seeds from 1 Pomegranate patted dry
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch tart pan with non-stick spray (I used coconut oil spray.)
In a food processor, grind pecans until they look like coarse sand.
Add the oat flour, sea salt, syrup, and coconut oil. Process until combined.
Add the rolled oats. Pulse until the oats resemble quick oats and all the ingredients are evenly combined.
Press the dough into your prepared tart pan.
Using a fork, pierce the dough a few times to allow the air to escape while baking.
Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden brown.
Allow the crust to cool at least 30 minutes.
Open the coconut cream and scoop out the coconut cream (thick and white) and discard any remaining coconut water (thin and colorless).
Prepare the chocolate filling by combining the chocolate chips and the reserved coconut cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat.Keep over the heat and continue to stir frequently until the chocolate chips are completly melted.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the optional sweetener and vanilla extract.
Pour the filling into the crust and chill in the fridge for about an hour or until the filling is beginning to thicken up.
Top the chocolate filling with pomegranate seeds.
Continue to allow the completed tart to set in the fridge for another 2 hours or until you are ready to serve it.
This recipe may be prepared a day in advance.