Looking for cute Earth Day Crafts? This poem and printable make a darling, yet simple project!
I used to teach my preschool kids the following poem every Earth Day –
Some parts of the Earth are cold and wet,
Some parts of the Earth are dry and hot.
I’ll do my best to keep Earth clean,
‘Cause it’s the only Earth we’ve got!
To go along with this poem, I also created this fun project for my class that they always seemed to LOVE! Here is how to make it:
Earth Day Crafts for Kids
- printable worksheet (free download below)
- glue stick
- blue and green tissue paper, cut into small squares
- Download and print the Earth Day printable (below).
- Have your child/ students put glue all over their circle, then place the tissue paper on top. You can overlap the tissue paper, but try to stay within the circle.
- Write their name (or have them do it!) and you’re done!!!
Earth Day Printable
If you’d like to download the free PDF shown above, CLICK THIS LINK.
PLEASE NOTE: As with all of our free printables on Somewhat Simple, this Earth Day printable is for personal use only. You may not mass produce it, sell it, or claim it as your own. (People do this all the time you guys, it is really sad!) If you need special permissions, please email Steph@SomewhatSimple.com. (We are super nice, I promise!!!) You can print enough copies for your students in the classroom – that is totally ok! Thanks for understanding!!
Happy Earth Day everyone!
*** I have used this poem for several years and don’t remember the original source. If you know who the author is, please leave me a comment in the section below and let me know! I’d love to give them credit! 🙂