Help your favorite graduate on their newest endeavor with a DIY Graduation Money Gift that’s thoughtful, practical, and totally creative!
Giving money as a graduation gift is definitely appreciated and especially useful. Today we’re sharing a creative way to give money to those special graduates. Whether they’re finishing college, high school, junior high, or kindergarten, these graduation money plants are perfectly simple and totally customizable! Depending on your budget, you can go as simple or as generous as you want, and our free printables will make gift-giving even easier on you! Here’s how to make them –
DIY Graduation Money Gift
MATERIALS NEEDED –
- printable pot wrappers (download below)
- 4″ terra cotta pot + saucer
- floral wire
- wooden skewers
- small plant
- Download and print the printable pot wrapper of your choice. (We have a white and a black version.)
- Cut out the wrapper, place it around the pot, then tape it on the back.
- Fold your money in half (hamburger ways) and then fold it back and forth like an accordion. Pinch the center to make a bow, then wrap with some floral wire to hold its shape. Leave enough wire hanging off the bow tie to wrap around the wooden skewer.
- Repeat step 3 with as many money bow ties as you’d like!
- Place a small plant into the pot, then add the money around the plant by sticking the skewers into the soil.
… and that’s it!
Seriously. Does it get any easier than that?!
Graduation Money Gift Printable
Enter your name and email address in the form below for immediate access to these plant wrappers.
*Disclaimer: these Free Printable Terra Cotta Plant Wrappers are for personal use ONLY, and are not to be sold in any way, digitally or physically. These and all of our printables are NOT to be altered or changed. Do not use or copy any part (shape, outline, style, art) to claim as your own. Thank you for understanding!
I love how these turned out, aren’t they fun? Now get out there and make a graduate happy! 😉