Graduation cupcakes are a fun way to celebrate a loved one’s big accomplishment. Whether you’re celebrating an advancement from preschool to Kindergarten or someone earning their college degree, these graduation topper cupcakes will be perfect for your party!
Easy Graduation Cupcake Toppers
Summer is just around the corner, and that means warm weather, last days of school, and graduations! To help you celebrate those big school accomplishments, here is how to make easy graduation cupcakes. Nothing says “Congratulations!” like a cute cupcake with these adorable graduation toppers!
These graduation cupcake toppers require no baking because you can use all store-bought ingredients. You can also match any school colors, which is so festive and fun! They are cute, fast and easy! (Just the way I like it!) Your party guests will be so impressed, and no one has to know how easy they are. (That can be our little secret!)
How To Make Graduation Cupcakes
I like making recipes that are extremely simple and these cupcakes fit the bill. Here’s how you make them:
- Make your favorite cupcakes and frosting according to the respective directions
- If you don’t want to make your own cupcakes, go ahead and just buy some from the store
- Place a peanut butter cup upside down on the frosting
- Place a small amount of chocolate frosting on a chocolate square and then attach it to the peanut butter cup
- Cut a small piece, about 3 inches long, of one strand of the string licorice
- Pinch one end to flatten it
- Place one piece of red candy on top of the flatten edge of licorice and secure it to the top of the chocolate square with a small amount of chocolate frosting
Other Graduation Ideas
- Graduation Gift Printables
- Preschool Graduation Party Ideas (Be sure to check out the snack cake diploma – it is so cute!)
- DIY Graduation Gifts
More Festive Cupcake Topper Ideas
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Cupcakes
- Candy Corn Cupcakes
- Witch Hat Halloween Cupcakes
- Patriotic Cupcakes
- Santa Hat Christmas Cupcakes
Graduation Cupcakes Recipe
Go ahead, give these fun cupcakes a try. Leave us a comment below and let us know how much fun you had making these or tag us on social media when you’re celebrating with them because we love to see what you’ve been up to in the kitchen!
- 12 frosted cupcakes
- 12 mini peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- 12 chocolate squared candies, unwrapped
- chocolate frosting or icing
- peel-apart string licorice, separated and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 12 small candies, such as M&Ms or Skittles
- Place peanut butter cups upside-down onto frosted cupcakes.
- Using small amount of frosting, attach a chocolate square to peanut butter cup.
- Next, pinch the end of 1 piece of licorice to flatten, then place it on the center of the chocolate square, using a small amount of frosting to secure.
- Place 1 piece of candy on top of the flattened end of the licorice, using the frosting to secure it.
Any suggestion to replace the peanut butter cups? I have a daughter with a peanut butter allergy
I can’t think of anything that’s the same size, but maybe a Rolo since it is the same shape?
I have looked for square chocolate that looks like the ones in your picture. What kind is it and where can I find it? I am so excited to makes these for graduation – Thank you for the great idea!
They are Ghirardelli Chocolates and you can find them in any candy aisle at the grocery store. They usually come in a bag with individually wrapped pieces in a bunch of flavors. Good luck!
These are adorable!!! What a fantastic idea for all the upcoming graduation parties! 🙂
What a fun idea! Absolutely love these and how creative they are!
You’re too sweet, thank you!
These are so cute with graduation season right around the corner!
Super cute & always a hit at graduation parties! And, of course super delicious!
Definitely can see myself making a couple batches of these come May!
These are too cute! I’ll be making some of these for graduation gifts.
So clever!! I love the little hats – absolutely adorable! I want to make these for my son’s 3rd grade graduation. Thank you!!
You’re too sweet! I’m sure he’ll love them!