Candy corn cupcakes are a delicious treat that are adorably festive and super easy to make! The cupcakes are perfect to serve at a Halloween party or any fall event.
One of my favorite baking hacks is to use cake mix to make some of my favorite desserts. Whether you’re making these delicious candy corn cupcakes, cookies, donuts or a batch of brownies, it always makes things easier.
A Perfect Fall Dessert
I first had the idea to make Candy Corn Cupcakes when I was making my son’s Camo Cupcakes for his army party. I just love the look of layered cupcakes – it is a fun way to dress up a regular cupcake mix without all the fuss!
The method is simple – just layer three spoonfuls of different colored cupcake mixes in your muffin tins – yellow on the bottom, orange in the middle, then white on the top. Bake for 20 minutes and once cool you can decorate them with frosting, sprinkles and candy corns! It doesn’t get any easier than that!
How to Make Easy Candy Corn Cupcakes
Mix & Separate – Start by making the box of white cake mix according to the directions on the package. Once you’ve finished mixing it, separate the batter equally into 3 separate bowls.
Add Coloring – In one bowl, add a drops of yellow food coloring and mix everything together well. In a different bowl, add several drops of orange food coloring and mix until everything is blended together. In both cases, continue to add additional food coloring until you reach the desired shade.
Layer – Using a spoon, add 1 heaping teaspoon of batter into each cupcake liner. For these candy corn cupcakes, I also love to use festive fall cupcake liners when I make them. Start with the yellow batter, then orange and then yellow.
Bake & Top – Bake these cupcakes according to the directions on the box of cake mix. Once they’re cooked and have had a chance to cool, top each cupcake with pieces of candy corn, icing and sprinkles. If you need a delicious cream cheese frosting recipes, try this one!
More Fall Dessert Ideas
- Candy Corn Rice Krispies
- Festive Pumpkin Popcorn Balls
- Candy Corn Marshmallows
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Candy Corn Treat Pouch
So simple and festive, right? And for all of you out there who aren’t a fan of candy corn, have no fear! These cupcakes don’t taste like candy corn, they only look like them. 😉 We hope you enjoy these darling candy corn cupcakes! If you make them, be sure to tag us on social media!
Candy Corn Cupcake Recipe
- 1 box white cake mix, + ingredients listed on box
- food coloring- yellow and orange
- toppings- frosting, sprinkles + candy corn
- Mix your cake mix according to the package directions. Divide into 3 separate bowls.
- Add several drops of yellow food coloring to one bowl and mix well. Add several drops of orange food coloring in bowl #2 and mix well. Leave the 3rd bowl un-colored.
- Spoon 1 heaping spoonful of each mixture into your cupcake liners, starting with the yellow, then the orange and finally the white.
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Let them cool completely.
- Frost your cupcakes and top with a couple candy corn or colored sprinkles.