Santa hat cupcakes are a fun and festive dessert to serve during the Christmas holidays. Topped with a fresh strawberry and homemade frosting, you won’t be able to just eat one of these cupcakes.
The Best Christmas Cupcakes
The other day, a friend confided to me that she doesn’t like cupcakes, and I was shocked. I mean, what’s not to like? They’re individual serving-sized cakes, and they come in just about every flavor imaginable. They’re adorable, portable, easy to make for a group, and so fun to decorate! While I do love a good layer cake, cupcakes are so much easier to make that they’re my default for parties or birthdays. These Santa Hat cupcakes are so simple to make, and so fun!
I used my favorite homemade vanilla cupcakes, but you could easily use cake mix, or even buy store-bought cupcakes if you’re not feeling like baking. Just whip up a quick vanilla frosting, add your strawberries, and top with a few sprinkles for an adorable little treat! My girls couldn’t stop giggling over how cute these cupcakes are, and I think they would make for a very striking presentation on a dessert table. We will definitely be making these for our next holiday party!
How To Make Santa Hat Cupcakes
Cupcakes – The first step is to make your favorite vanilla cupcakes. If prefer to either buy them already made at the store or just use a box of cake mix. If you need a suggestion for a vanilla cupcake recipe, here’s a good one. If you are making your own, I like to make them with adorable Christmas cupcake liners.
Frosting – Using a stand mixer, beat the butter until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla and half and half and then best it all together until it’s nice and smooth. If you need to, you can add additional half and half. Continue to beat the mixture for about 3-5 minutes until it’s nice and fluffy.
Decorate – To make the Santa hat cupcakes, pipe the frosting in a flat circle on top of each one. Slice the top of the strawberries and the place them top down. Add a little dollop of frosting on top of each strawberry to finish off the Santa hat. If you want, you can sprinkle some sugar sprinkles on top of each cupcake as well.
More Delicious Christmas Treats
- Melted Snowman Cookies
- The Easiest Toffee Recipe
- Sugar Cookie Christmas Blossoms
- Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
- Christmas Tree Shortbread Cookies
Don’t forget to leave us a comment below and let us know how you liked these Santa cupcakes.
Santa Hat Cupcakes Recipe
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon half and half. Beat until smooth. Add additional half and half as needed to help the frosting come together. Beat on high speed 3-5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- To assemble, pipe the frosting in a flat circle on top of each cupcake. Top with a strawberry, cut side down, and add a dollop of frosting to the top of the strawberry. Sprinkle each cupcake with sugar sprinkles. Serve immediately.