Grab our 12 Daytz of Christmas Printables and get ready for the perfect DIY holiday gift idea that keeps on giving every month of the year!
12 Daytz of Christmas Gift Idea
In 2008 my husband and I were HORRIBLE at making time for date night. We had 3 little kids that required so much attention, and there were times we’d go MONTHS without going out and having fun together.
That year for Christmas, I came up with the idea to pre-plan a date for every month in 2009 and I called it The 12 Daytz of Christmas. Each date idea was all wrapped up and ready to go so finding a babysitter was all I needed to coordinate. We literally had NO EXCUSES not to go out – it was the PERFECT gift!
If you’re looking for the perfect Christmas gift idea or stocking stuffer for your sweetheart, you’re in luck! We’ve made the cutest little printables that you will make the entire process so easy! Download and print each sheet and you’ll have a preplanned date ready to go every month!
Does it cost a lot of money to create this gift?
The great thing about this easy gift idea is that YOU get to decide how expensive and elaborate you’d like your adventures to be. You can create an entire year of free dates and fun activities, or splurge on something special – the choice is up to you!
Does this gift idea take a lot of time?
Putting this idea together doesn’t take much effort, but there is a little bit of planning involved. Here’s what you’ll need to do –
- CHOOSE YOUR DATES – Pick 12 ideas you want to do next year. Some of my favorites are listed below.
- GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES – You’ll need the following:
- 12 Daytz of Christmas printable pack (download below)
- 12 envelopes
- glue stick
- cash/ gift cards / tickets etc.
- PUT IT TOGETHER –
- Print the printables on plain white paper. Cut out each month from the printable, then slip it and any money or tickets inside the envelope.
- Seal the envelopes and then stack them in a pile. Tie the stack with ribbon or staple them in the corner and get ready for a cute Christmas gift or stocking stuffer that keeps on giving!
Here are some fun date night ideas to spark creativity and give you inspiration-
- Choose Your Own Adventure
- Valentine’s Day Picnic day date
- Your Choice, My Choice date at home
- Shark Week
- Pizzaria Date at home
- DoorDash DInner + Game Night with Friends
- Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Easter Date
- High School Reunion
- corn maze
- haunted house
- Look at Christmas Lights
- Holiday Scavenger Hunt
- dinner + movie night
- carve pumpkins
- go on a hike
- comedy club
- live play
- cooking classes
- ballroom dance lesson
- couple’s massage
- day trip/ road trip
- make homemade cookies and hot chocolate
- popcorn and a movie in bed
- Top Golf
- Gun/Shooting Range
- Ice Skating
- Laser tag
- Go Miniature Golfing
- backyard campout
12 Daytz Printables