These delicious 4th of July cupcakes are perfect for celebrating the holiday. With red, white and blue colors and a matching festive strawberry on top, this desert is perfect for any patriotic celebration!
An Easy July 4th Dessert
Making multi-colored cupcakes is such an easy way to add some more fun to your parties and celebrations! One of my favorite holidays to celebrate is the 4th of July. I love getting together with family and friends for a barbecue and swim party and then shooting off some fireworks at night. I just love relaxing all day while enjoy good company and excellent food.
Of course, my favorite food to enjoy are desserts. I especially like to get creative and make my yummy treats extra festive and these 4th of July cupcakes are right up my alley. Simply add a little color to a cupcake mix to match and they’re beautifully patriotic. You can also easily mix up the colors to match any theme or holiday.
To add an even more festive touch, I added some red, white and blue strawberries. (So simple and super yummy!) These red, white and blue cupcakes are perfect for July 4th, Memorial Day or any other patriotic celebration. Here is how to make your own.
How to Make 4th of July Cupcakes
Prep – Each box of cake mix is a little different, so preheat the oven based on the directions on the box. You’ll also want to add cupcake liners to your muffin tin. To be extra festive, I like to use patriotic cupcake liners.
Cupcake Mix – Make the vanilla cupcake batter according to directions on the package.
Split & Color – Separate the cupcake batter equally into three separate bowls. Add the red food coloring to one bowl and the blue to another. Add more of each color until you reach the desired shade.
Fill – Place a heaping tablespoon of each color of the batter into each of the cupcake liners.
Cook – Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box of cake mix you used.
Strawberries – While your cupcakes are baking, lay some wax paper out on your counter. Dip your strawberries into the white chocolate about 2/3 of the way to the top. Immediately dip the strawberries into a dish of blue sprinkles. Set them on the wax surface and let them harden several minutes, or until set.
Frosting – Once your cupcakes are done baking and have cooled completely, frost them with a white frosting and then top them with a festive strawberry. My favorite is this amazing Cream Cheese Frosting.
More Patriotic Recipes
- 4th of July Cookie Recipe
- Layered Red, White & Blue Drink
- Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- Easy Patriotic Jello Cookies
- 4th of July Tic Tacs
Fourth of July Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box white cake mix , + ingredients listed on back of box
- blue and red food coloring
- 1 can white frosting
- 12 strawberries
- cup white chocolate, melted
- blue sprinkles , or dusting powder
- Preheat oven according to temperature listed on cake mix box and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Make the cake mix by following package directions.
- Split the white cake mix into 3 bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl and blue food coloring to the other.
- Fill cupcake liners with a heaping tablespoon of each color batter.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, lay a piece of wax paper on your work surface. Dip your strawberries into the white chocolate about 2/3 to the top and immediately dip into blue sprinkles. Set on wax surface and let Harden several minutes, or until set.
- Once your cupcakes are done baking and have cooled completely, frost them with your white frosting, then top them with a festive strawberry.
This post first published in May 2011.