These delicious 4th of July cupcakes are red, white and blue with matching festive strawberries on top!!
Making multi-colored cupcakes is such an easy way to add some more fun to your parties and celebrations! You can color a simple cupcake mix to match any theme or holiday – I will show you how!
Here are some red, white and blue cupcakes we made for Memorial Day that will probably make another appearance on 4th of July –
These cupcakes were made using a boxed cake mix and food coloring! The frosting is also store-bought, though if you’re looking for a delicious homemade frosting, try this one HERE.
To add an even more festive touch, I added some red, white and blue strawberries. (So simple and super yummy!)
Here is how to make your own –
How to Make 4th of July Cupcakes
Red White and Blue Cupcake Ingredients –
- 1 box of white cake mix + ingredients listed on back of box
- blue and red food coloring
- white frosting
- white chocolate, melted
- blue sprinkles or dusting powder
4th of July Cupcake Directions –
- Preheat oven according to temperature listed on cake mix box and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Make the cake mix by following package directions.
- Split the white cake mix into 3 bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl and blue food coloring to the other.
- Fill cupcake liners with a heaping tablespoon of each color batter.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, lay a piece of wax paper on your work surface. Dip your strawberries into the white chocolate about 2/3 to the top and immediately dip into blue sprinkles. Set on wax surface and let Harden several minutes, or until set.
- Once your cupcakes are done baking and have cooled completely, frost them with your white frosting, then top them with a festive strawberry.
…and that’s it!
The insides and outsides are both fun and festive!
This post first published in May 2011.