These patriotic jello cookies are the perfect addition to any upcoming Fourth of July celebrations, whether you’re having a BBQ or picnic, or staying home and watching fireworks from your lawn. They are simple to make and taste delicious!
Memorial Day and the Fourth of July are right around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about all things red, white and blue. If you’re looking for a tasty, simple treat for your 4th of July celebration, this jello cookie recipe is just for you! Not only are they suuuuuper easy to make, but they are soft and chewy and totally delicious!
The cookie dough is similar to a sugar cookie dough, but I’ll show you how to add a little jello mix and food coloring to make your colors bright and vibrant!
This method works with any colors, so you can whip these cookies up for any holiday or celebration!
More Patriotic Ideas
- Red, White + Blue Cupcakes
- 4th of July Drinks
- July 4th Tic Tac Labels
- Patriotic Popcorn
- 4th of July Cookies
Patriotic Jello Cookie Recipe
Nothing better than a warm, soft cookie, right? Give them a try and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
Patriotic Jello Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 oz red jello mix
- 3 oz blue jello mix
- cream cheese frosting
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugar until mixed.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in your flour, salt, and baking soda. Combine everything together.
- Divide your dough in half and add 3 TBS of red jello to one and 3 TBS to the other. Add in about 1/4 tsp red food coloring to the red mix and the same amount of blue food coloring to the blue dough.
- Add 1 TBS red jello mixed with 1 TBS sugar to a small bowl. And do the same with the blue jello.
- Roll your cookie dough into small tablespoon sized balls and roll each ball into the coordinating jello sugar.
- Put your cookie dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet and squish them down with the bottom of a cup.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then decorate with frosting and sprinkles and ENJOY!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Ellen and Aimee are the mother & daughter duo behind the blog Like Mother Like Daughter. They share their favorite family recipes that will quickly become favorites for your family too! Aimee was a contributor on Somewhat Simple in 2016.