Get ready for the 4th of July, Memorial Day or any other patriotic celebration with these delicious and festive dipped ice cream cones. They’re easy to make so you can quickly serve a crowd!
A Patriotic Treat
Have you had your fair share of ice cream yet this summer? Ice cream is a staple in our home during the summer…gotta love Phoenix and the triple digit heat! This is a simple way to add some fun to your summer festivities these these patriotic dipped Ice Cream Cones!
With the 4th of July right around the corner, these will be the perfect addition to our summer party. These treats are super simple to make so you can serve the entire neighborhood if you want. The best part, is that you only need three ingredients to make them!
These holiday themed cones can easily be customized for your favorite holiday too! Whether it’s Christmas, Halloween, Valentine’s Day and everything in between; there’s a color combination that’ll work great! Grab the kids, because they’re going to have a blast making them, and get started!
How To Make Dipped Ice Cream Cones
Ingredients – You’ll need waffle cones, red, white and blue colored candy melts and sprinkles.
Prep – Start by laying out a sheet of wax paper on a hard, flat surface. Next, you’ll melt the colored candy melts according to the directions on the package.
Dip – Turn cones upside-down and dip the top fourth of the cone into the melted candy. You can also use a spoon if you need help coating them.
Tip – Be sure to pull the cone straight up after dipping it to allow the excess candy melt to drip off cleanly.
Decorate – While you’re holding the ice cream cone over the wax paper, shake the sprinkles over the melted candy.
Cool & Store – Place cones upside-down onto the wax paper and let it cool until candy melt coating has set. If you’re not going to serve them after you make them, be sure to store them in an air tight container.
That’s It! Of course this idea can be used year-round. Don’t wait for the summer heat to get ya! Change up the colors and serve these cones at every birthday celebration and holiday!
More Easy Patriotic Recipes
- Red, White & Blue Cupcakes
- Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn
- Layered Red, White and Blue Drink Recipe
- Patriotic USA Sugar Cookies
- Patriotic Jello Cookie Recipe
Dipped Ice Cream Cones Recipe
- 6 Waffle Cones
- 12 oz Candy Melts, We used Red, White and Blue
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper on a hard, flat surface.
- Melt the candy melts according to the directions.
- Turn cones upside down and dip into candy melt, about 1/4 of the way up, using a spoon if needed to help coat.
- Pull cone straight up and allow excess candy melt to drip off.
- Holding cone over wax paper, shake on sprinkles.
- Place cones upside-down onto wax paper until candy melt coating has set.
- Store in an air tight container.