Birthdays aren’t complete without cake and ice cream, and this EASY recipe combines them both! This Birthday cake Ice Cream is creamy and delicious!
March is the month of my birthday, and to celebrate this year, I have a simple + delicious recipe to share that literally anyone can make, no ice cream maker needed!
Birthday Cake Ice Cream has a natural flavor that tastes like cake, but it’s creamy, cold, and packed with colorful sprinkles. The hardest part of the entire process is waiting for the cream to freeze.
Here is how to make it:
How to Make Birthday Cake Ice Cream
This ice cream is made with 5 ingredients and comes together in less than 10 minutes.
- heavy cream – You can try it with whole milk, but it won’t be as creamy. Skim milk will not work.
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- funfetti cake mix
Using your electric mixer or stand mixer on high speed with the whisk attachment, stir/ whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks, for about 2 minutes.
If your whipped cream doesn’t get stiff, you might not be whipping it fast enough. But rest assured, this recipe will still work, so don’t fret. Just know that your sprinkles are likely to fall to the bottom of the mixture instead of staying evenly dispersed.
Add the condensed milk and the vanilla and mix until blended.
Add the dry cake batter and mix to combine.
Gently fold in 1/3 cup of the sprinkles reserving the other 1/4 cup.
Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container. I use a metal loaf pan, but you can use a casserole pan or any small baking sheet with high sides.
Add remaining 1/4 cup sprinkles to the top. (You might not use a full 1/4 cup.)
Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours or overnight.
Scoop into bowls or ice cream cones, and enjoy!
It seriously tastes like vanilla cake, and it’s kind of pretty, too – don’t you think?
The best part is, calories don’t count on birthdays, so you can totally eat an entire pint or two. 😉
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup funfetti boxed cake mix
- 1/3 + 1/4 cup sprinkles, divided
- Using your hand mixer or stand mixer on high speed with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks, about 2 minutes
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Add the dry cake batter and mix to combine.
- Gently fold in 1/3 cup of the sprinkles reserving the other 1/4 cup.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container. Add remaining 1/4 cup sprinkles to the top. (You might not use a full 1/4 cup.)
- Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.