This homemade soft-serve banana ice cream has just two ingredients, and takes only a few minutes to make. It’s the perfect healthy treat for a hot day!
Homemade Banana Ice Cream
Banana Ice Cream isn’t anything new, but if you haven’t yet dared to join the frozen-bananas-club, let me be the first to invite you with this simple, fun, delicious version!
This homemade banana ice cream is healthy, easy to make, and tastes amazing! Made with only two ingredients, it has the creamiest, decadent texture. It really is healthy dessert perfection!
How to make banana ice cream
Making this frozen banana ice cream could not be easier! Cut some ripe bananas into chunks, then freeze them overnight. After they are frozen, add the chunks to a blender or food processor with a little milk, and blend until smooth. Depending on the type of blender you have, you may need to add more or less liquid to get a smooth consistency. I usually start with 1/4 cup, and add more if needed. You want to add the minimum amount of milk needed to get the bananas to blend, or else the ice cream will be too soft and melty.
When it’s ready, it’s a nice smooth consistency like soft-serve ice cream. It looks so yummy already!
You can top your ice cream with any of your favorite ice cream toppings, and enjoy a bowl of sweet frozen deliciousness without the guilt! This homemade banana ice cream has an amazingly rich, smooth, texture, and a mild banana flavor. If you want to change up the flavor a little bit, you can add a little cocoa powder, vanilla extract or cinnamon, or add mix ins like chocolate chips, fresh fruit or sprinkles. This banana ice cream recipe is sure to be a new favorite!
Frozen Banana Ice Cream –
Here are a few tips to ensure you get perfect banana ice cream every time:
- Peel and cut the bananas before freezing! I made this mistake in college and ruined my fingernails trying to peel frozen bananas. Don’t be me.
- Seal your bananas well to avoid freezer burn. I go through mine pretty quickly so I use a flat Tupperware, but if you want them to last more than a week or two and still be just as fresh, use a thick freezer bag and suck as much air out of it as you can.
- Use the bare minimum amount of liquid your blender needs. I’ve actually seen frozen bananas put through a juicer to make the richest, creamiest banana ice cream ever but personally I’m not willing to risk my blender blades (or motor).
Here are a few more Banana Recipes we think you’ll love-
- Tropical Banana Smoothies
- Nutella Banana Muffins
- The Best Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Peanut Butter Granola
- Banana Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- The Best Banana Bars
Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Banana Ice Cream
This homemade soft-serve banana ice cream has just two ingredients, and takes only a few minutes to make. It's the perfect healthy treat for a hot day!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
- favorite ice cream toppings of your choice
Cut the bananas into chunks and freeze them several hours or overnight. After the bananas are frozen, add them to a blender or food processor with a splash of milk.
Blend the bananas until smooth, adding more milk as needed to blend smoothly. Top with ice cream toppings of your choice.
Making Banana Ice Cream really is pretty simple and the flavor possibilities are endless! If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our Chunky Chocolate Banana Chocolate Ice Cream recipe – it is fantastic!!!