Topped with an amazing cream cheese frosting, these banana bars are the best you’ll ever have. Made with fresh bananas and a few simple ingredients, this easy recipe is both fluffy and moist!
I love serving these delicious banana bars when we’re entertaining. Whether it’s for an adult game night or a date night at home, these bars are perfect for any occasion.
Banana Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
This banana bar recipe is from my grandmother. She would make these every time we visit her house and could smell them cooking even before we walked through the front door! They are my all-time favorite dessert – tangy, sweet and super moist!
This easy recipe is made with fresh bananas and common ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Follow these simple steps and soon your house will be filled with the sweet aroma of this delicious treat. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
How To Make Them
Cream It – Start by creaming the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
Add Eggs – Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until everything has mixed together and the mixture is smooth.
Dry Ingredients – Add in the remaining dry ingredients until everything has combined.
Bananas – Mash the bananas and then mix them into the batter until they’re evenly mixed.
Bake – Spread everything evenly into the pan and then bake them for about 20-25 minutes. To check to see if they’re fully cooked, place a toothpick into the center of the pan and remove it. If it comes out clean, the banana bars are done.
Frosting – While the banana bars are cooking, it’s time to make the amazing cream cheese frosting. Start by beating the whipping cream in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Once that mixture is smooth, fold in the whipped cream.
Frost Them – Allow the banana bars to fulling cool before frosting them. One they’re cool, frost and enjoy!
Protect That Frosting – If you don’t plan on serving the banana bars right away, I would recommend not frosting the right away. If you’ve frosted them, just make to use a dish that’s deep enough where the lid does stick to the frosting. When covered, they’ll stay fresh for about 5-7 days.
Freezing – If you’re going to freeze these, I would recommend waiting on making the frosting. However, if they’re already frosted, you can still freeze these. First, place them in the freezer covered until they have harden. Once hard, remove them from the freezer and then tightly wrap them in plastic wrap and foil and the return to the freezer. This will keep the frosting from getting ruined so when you unwrap and thaw them, they’ll be perfect!
More Easy Banana Recipes
If you loved this delicious banana bar recipe, here are a few other easy recipes we think you’ll love!
- Chunky Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Easy Chocolate Banana Bread
- Classic Banana Bread Recipe
- How To Keep Bananas Fresh Longer
- Nutella Banana Muffins Recipe
Banana Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, 2-3 large bananas
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
DIRECTIONS FOR BANANA BARS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10 x 15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter.
- Mix in the mashed banana. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool completely before frosting with the cream cheese frosting
DIRECTIONS FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth, and then fold in whipped cream.
- Frost the cooled bars and serve immediately or store them in an air tight container in refrigerator.
These banana bars were so yummy and really easy to make. I saved this recipe on my Pinterest board called Yum!!!
I think I might just make these tonight, thanks for sharing!