These Reese’s cupcakes are delicious and super easy to make. Filled with the irresistible combination of chocolate and peanut butter, these cupcakes will satisfy any sweet tooth!
My husband absolutely loves anything chocolate and peanut butter related, so I’m always dreaming up delicious desserts for him. These Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes are my latest effort, and I have to say, they did not disappoint! They are so rich and decadent and delicious… you won’t believe you made them at home!
The chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are light and moist, and the peanut butter buttercream is deliciously smooth and rich. The chopped Reese’s candies and chocolate drizzle on top just make them all the more decadent and pretty to look at, too! They remind me of something from a fancy bakery but they were actually pretty quick and easy to make. Just looking at the pictures is making me want to make another batch of Reese’s cupcakes right now!
Tools Used To Make Reese’s Cupcakes
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – My favorite is the Hershey’s brand
- Adorable cupcake liners
- Your favorite cupcake baking pan
- This is my favorite knife for cutting these delicious Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Multiple favorite knife
- A medium sauce pan
- A kitchen mixer – I love my KitchenAid!
Tips For Making Reese’s Cupcake
- While making the cupcake batter, mix in one egg at a time for an even blend
- When microwaving the topping, cook in 15 second increments and stir each time so that you don’t over cook the mixture
More Delicious Cupcake Recipes
If you loved these delicious Reese’s cupcakes, you’ll want to try one of these other amazing recipes!
- Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
- Homemade Hostess Cupcakes Recipe
- Best Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
How To Make Reese’s Cupcakes
Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
For the Topping:
- 12 large Reese's cups, chopped into pieces (or equivalent amount of smaller Reese's candies)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil or shortening
Directions for the Reese's Cupcakes:
- To make the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350 and line 2 cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together cocoa powder and hot water until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
- Within a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together butter and sugar. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, and beat until the mixture is cool, 4-5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and cocoa mixture, and blend until smooth.
- With the mixture on low speed, add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- Scoop into prepared pans, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes. Let cool.
Directions for the Frosting:
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. Beat together the butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon milk.
- Add powdered sugar gradually until desired consistency is reached, adding more milk if needed.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes as desired.
Directions for the Topping:
- To make the chocolate drizzle, add the chocolate chips and the coconut oil or shortening to a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat at 50% power for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat at 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth (do not overcook!).
- Pour the melted chocolate into a plastic bag and snip a small piece off the corner. Drizzle over frosted cupcakes and sprinkle cupcakes with chopped Reese's candies.