Simple and delicious, these Almond Joy Rice Krispie Treats are amazing! Made with almonds, coconut and chocolate, these are one of my new favorite treats!
Rice Krispie Treat Heaven
I’ve always been a Rice Krispie treat junky. I love trying to come up with new flavors and I have yet to be disappointed. A little while ago I stumbled upon coconut flavored marshmallows and immediately thought about how I could use them with Rice Krispies.
I then remembered my other favorite candy love, Almond Joys, and came up a recipe idea. How perfect would they be to use them to make Almond Joy Rice Krispie treats! Now I can enjoy two of my favorite treats at the same time. And they really are a perfect candy marriage that my whole family just LOVED !
How To Make Them
Rice Krispie Treats – You’ll start this recipe the same way you do other Rice Krispie treats. Melt the coconut marshmallows and butter in the microwave. Start with a minute and then do additional 30 second bursts until it’s fully melted.
Combine – Before you pour the melted marshmallows on top of the Rice Krispies, add in the almond extract. Then pour it over the cereal and stir everything until it has fully combined.
Almond Joy Extras – Next, add in the coconut flakes, dark chocolate morsels and almonds and give it a good stir until it’s evenly mixed.
Pan Prep – Make sure you grease the pan before you transfer the Rice Krispie mixture. Pour everything in and then spread it out evenly in the pan.
Final Touches – Sprinkle another half a cup of coconut flakes over the top of the Rice Krispie treats. Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave and then drizzle it over the top of them. Let everything cool completely and then cut them up and serve them.
More Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- The Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
- S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
- Sweet & Cream Rice Krispie Treats
- Trix Rice Krispie Treats
Almond Joy Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 2 pkgs of Coconut Marshmallows
- 4 TBS butter
- 1/2 tsp almond flavoring
- 6 Cups rice cereal
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chip morsels
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chip morsels, melted
- Pour rice cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir. Repeat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until marshmallows are melted.
- Just before pouring the melted marshmallows over the cereal, add the almond extract to the marshmallows.
- Pour marshmallows over cereal and stir gently with a spatula.
- Once they are combined well, add in 1/2 cup of the coconut, the almonds, and the 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate morsels. Stir until well combined.
- Dump the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Loosely press the cereal down until it fills the whole pan.
- Sprinkle the other 1/2 cup coconut over the top and then press it firmly into the top of the cereal.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate in a microwave safe container for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cereal.
- Let cool completely until the chocolate is hardened on the top.
- Cut into bars and share the Almond Joy love.
. . . . .
About the Author: Larissa is a mom of 4 boys who likes to cook and create. The former Food Contributor on Somewhat Simple (2011-12), she now shares her creative adventures full-time on her own blog Just Another Day in Paradise.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in May 2012 and was update in February 2016