A classic recipe gets made with one secret ingredient that keeps them soft and chewy but not too sticky! These are made using marshmallow cream and are absolutely the best Rice Krispie Treats you’ll EVER eat!
This Search Is Over
Have you ever wondered how to make Rice Krispie treats that stay soft and aren’t too sticky? I definitely have! For YEARS I have been hunting for the perfect rice crispy treat recipe – something sweet, not too buttery, and something that stays soft without being too sticky.
I am excited to share with you a recipe that produces the best, most delicious Rice Krispie treats I have ever eaten (and eaten, and eaten)! The secret lies in one special ingredient that will have you saying, “Why didn’t I think of that?”
How To Make The Best Rice Krispie Treats
Normal Start – Traditionally, Rice Krispies are made by mixing melted butter, marshmallows, and Rice Krispie cereal and this recipe is no different. You’ll melt the butter in the pan like you normally do and then add in the mini marshmallows.
Secret Ingredient – The secret to THESE delicious little treats is the addition of marshmallow cream! You’ll only need 1/2 cup and you’ll add it to the pot when you add in the marshmallows. The marshmallow cream makes these Rice Krispie treats the chewiest, softest and most delicious you’ll ever eat! I promise you’ll never go back to making these treats in any other way!
Classic Finish – Once you’ve melted everything, you’ll add in the Rice Krispie cereal and mix everything until everything is coated. You’ll press the mixture into a pan and then let it cool before serving.
Storage – If by some miracle you don’t eat the whole pan immediately, be sure to keep them covered so they don’t dry out.
More Fast Dessert Recipes
- Fast & Easy Cake Mix Cookies
- Heavenly Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake
- The Easiest Brownies You’ll Ever Make
- Jello Cookie Recipe
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
Here is the simple recipe and I hope you enjoy it. Leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought of the addition of the marshmallow cream. Did you think they were the best Rice Krispie treats you’ve ever made like I do?
Ooey Gooey Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1-10 oz. Package Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Marshmallow Cream
- 6 Cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat until completely melted.
- Add the mini marshmallows and the marshmallow cream to the melted butter and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until combined and smooth.
- Slowly add the rice crispy cereal, stirring to make sure all of the cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Gently press into a greased 8x8 square pan, or 9x13 if you prefer your thinner rice crispy treats.
- Let the treats cool completely.
- Cut and serve!