This rice crispy recipe just might change the way you make rice crispy treats forever!!! It is as simple as the rice crispy treat recipe you grew up on, but with one extra ingredient that makes all the difference in the world!
A Classic Creamy Treat
Are you ready to kick your homemade rice crispy treats up a notch?! If so, this recipe is just for you. Today we have a super simple rice crispy treats recipe that has one special ingredient that changes things for the better. Biscoff Spread!
If you’ve never had Biscoff Spread, run to the store right now and grab some. You can eat this stuff with a spoon, OR you can make these delicious rice crispy treats with it. You choose. Either way, you come out a winner.:) This secret ingredient will make these treats extra creamer and delicious and you’ll never make them the old way again!
How To Make Rice Crispy Treats
If you’ve never made these before, here’s how to do it! Making homemade rice crispy treats really is this simple!
Prep – You’ll want to grab a 9×13 baking pan and line it with parchment paper or give it a shot of cooking spray.
Melt It – Next, melt the butter and Biscoff Spread over the stove in a nonstick pan. You’ll then add the marshmallows to the butter mixture and stir them in until everything has completely melted.
Cereal – Next, mix in the rice crispy cereal and stir everything until it’s completely coated. Spread the mixture evenly into your prepared baking pan. If you spray the spatula with non-stick cooking spray it’ll make it easier to spread.
Chill – Finally, refrigerate your pan for about 30 minutes, or until cool. Cut the treats into squares and enjoy!
Storage – Just be sure to cover the treats with plastic wrap if you leave them in the pan or place them in a large Ziploc bag to keep them fresh.
More Homemade Rice Crispy Treats
- Rice Krispies on a Stick
- Cookie and Cream Rice Krispies
- S’Mores Rice Krispy Treats
- Almond Joy Rice Krispie Treats
- Classic Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
Here’s a copy of the recipe that you can print and make yourself. Leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought of our secret ingredient!
Creamy Rice Crispy Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Biscoff Spread
- 10 oz. miniature marshmallows, (1 package)
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- Spay a 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and Biscoff Spread over the stove in a large nonstick saucepan.
- Add marshmallows to the butter mixture and stir until completely melted.
- Mix in rice crispy cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly into your greased pan using a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.