You’ll love how fun and simple these Halloween Trix or Treat gifts are! And our FREE printable tags add the perfect touch!
A while ago, we featured the cutest little treats on Somewhat Simple from Robin @ Keep Home Simple. She shared a fun creation on my link party called “Trix on Sticks”– they were basically Rice Krispie Treats but instead of using crispy rice, she mixed Trix cereal with the marshmallows- what a fun variation!
So, using Robins idea, I came up with a Halloween-ish version that my kids LOVED! Take a look:
HALLOWEEN TRIX OR TREAT GIFTS
- Trix cereal (if you want the bright colors that they don’t have anymore, Captain Crunch’s all berries would work just as well!)
- Straws, Craft, or Lollipop Sticks (or see* below)
- Plastic Wrap or Bags
- Free Printable (at the end of the post)
- Glue Stick or Tape
- Make your Trix concoction as you would regular Rice Krispy Treats. Let them cool for a bit so the marshmallow hardens, otherwise they won’t stay formed into balls.
- Form your Trix balls (or see* below). TIP: Spray your hands with some cooking spray, otherwise this will be impossible not to just end in a gooey mess!
- Place treat balls in a muffin tin so they don’t roll around, and stick the straws in the middle.
- Wrap with plastic wrap or put them inside a cellophane bag.
- Print our free printables and cut them out.
- Glue or tape the tags around the straws and enjoy your cute creations!
*If you don’t want to bother with spraying your hands and poking straws into cereal and the like, here’s another way you can use our tags. Just place your treats in a greased pan, cut into squares, and attach our labels! Cute string tops it off:
DOWNLOAD FREE PRINTABLE TRIX OR TREAT TAGS BELOW:
These are such fun little gifts for teachers, neighbors, school parties, visiting teaching and more!
This post was originally published in 2012 and updated with new printables in 2016.