Zombie Bait Chex Mix is a fun Halloween treat that comes together in a snap! It is SO easy to make and uses only 4 ingredients!
Halloween Chex Mix
Zombie Bait Chex Mix can be as cute or scary as you’d like, simply by adding different candies to the mix. I kept it tame (because I’m a wuss), but you could add bloody bones sprinkles and blood shot eye candies for a more gruesome dish… if that’s you’re thing!
This is a fun little treat to share with neighbors or classmates. Adults and kids both love it because it is strangely addicting and such a fun idea!
How To Make Zombie Bait
Melt – Using a microwave safe bowl, heat the candy melts in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Stir and continue to microwave until they have completely melted.
Stir – Place the Rice Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl and then pour the candy melts over the top. Stir the Chex cereal until everything is coated.
Spread & Cool – Spread the Chex mix over a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Scatter the sprinkles over the top of the top of the mix. Let the Chex mix cool for about an hour.
Break & Serve – Once the zombie bait has cooled, break apart any large pieces, mix in the gummy worms and then serve.
Recipe Tips & Variations
Storage – If you don’t plan on serving the zombie bait right away, be sure to store it in an airtight container or it’ll get stale.
Variations – I love a good salty sweet combo so sometimes I’ll add in a cup of pretzel sticks to the recipe. Just be sure to mix these in before you pour in the candy melts.
More Chex Mix Recipes You’ll Love
- Original Chex Mix Recipe
- Chex Mix Muddy Buddies
- Sugar Cookie Chex Mix
- Sugary Sweet Chex Mix
- Lemonade Chex Mix Recipe
Leave us a comment below and let us know how it turned out. If you serve this at a Halloween party, tag us on social media so we can see all of fun you’re having!
Zombie Bait Chex Mix
- 1 12- ounce bag vibrant green candy melts
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 2.5- ounce Halloween sprinkles
- 1 4- ounce package gummy worms
- In a medium heat-safe bowl, melt the candy melts in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Stir and repeat microwaving until the chips are completely melted.
- In a large bowl pour the candy melts over the Chex. Stir carefully until the Chex are coated.
- Spread the mixture out over parchment paper or wax paper. Add the sprinkles on top and let cool and harden, about 1 hour.
- Break apart, add the candy worms and serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Jillian is the creator, author, recipe developer and travel blogger behind Food Folks and Fun. She’s a teacher turned SAHM married to a military man—which means her family moves often, traveling and experiencing the world!