This easy lemon Chex mix recipe is a perfect snack to serve at a party or to eat all by yourself! Made with lemon, powdered sugar and white chocolate chips, this lemonade Chex mix is the perfect blend of sweet and sour that you won’t be able to resist.
This recipe is the perfect snack to have out on the table when I have guests over. Some of my other favorite things to serve are these Chicken Avocado Cups, Cranberry Brie Bites and Grape Jelly Meatballs.
Lemonade Chex Mix
Last weekend, we made our own lemonade stand, complete with two types of lemonade and various lemon treats. The most popular treat that we sold was this sweet and sour lemon Chex mix. Not only is it a super yummy treat, it is also a super easy treat to make. You owe to it to yourself to make some! Here is the delicious recipe:
How To Make Lemon Buddies Chex Mix
- Place the Chex mix cereal in a large mixing bowl and then set aside
- Put the lemon juice, lemon zest, white chocolate chips and butter in a different microwave safe bowl
- Warm in the microwave for 1 minute and then stir the mixture well
- Continuing melting in the microwave using 30 second intervals until everything is completely smooth when stirred
- Pour the lemon mixture over the cereal and then gently stir until the Chex cereal is evenly coated
- Transfer the Chex mix into 1 gallon Ziploc bags
- Add the powdered sugar to the bag and shake until everything is evenly covered
Lemon Chex Mix Ingredients
- Your favorite Chex cereal
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- White chocolate chips
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
How To Store Lemon Buddies Chex Mix
If you haven’t devoured the entire batch in one day, you’ll want to store any leftover mix in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator. While regular Chex mix can stay fresh for several weeks if stored properly, this lemon mix won’t last nearly as long because it’s been covered in lemon juice, sugar and chocolate.
Stored properly, this mix should stay fresh for about two weeks after preparing it. However, if my kids see any of this in the fridge, it won’t last nearly that long.
More Easy Chex Mix Recipes
- Sugar Cookie Chex Mix
- Original Chex Mix Recipe
- Chex Mix Muddy Buddies
- Zombie Bait Chex Mix
- Sugary Sweet Chex Mix
Homemade Lemon Chex Mix Recipe
Now that you know how to make this simple recipe, it’s time to give it a try! Leave us a comment below and let us know how much you loved it or tag us on social media because we love to see what you’ve been up to in the kitchen!
Homemade Lemonade Chex Mix Recipe
- 9 cups of Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into a large bowl and then set aside.
- In a microwave safe container, add the white chocolate chips, butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Melt in the microwave for a minute, then stir. Keep melting for additional 30 second intervals until completely smooth when stirred.
- Pour melted mixture over cereal and gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Transfer the cereal into a gallon ziploc bag. Add the powdered sugar and shake, shake, shake your money maker.
- Serve it up & ENJOY!!
What do you think? Is this calling your name yet???
. . . . .
About the Author: Larissa is a mom of 4 boys who likes to cook and create. The former Food Contributor on Somewhat Simple (2011-12), she now shares her creative adventures full-time on her own blog Just Another Day in Paradise.