This sugar cookie Chex mix recipe is a delicious twist on an old snack that you and your family will love! All of the delicious flavors of a sugar cookie in a delicious snack mix.
A Sweet Snack Mix
Is there anything better than a sugar cookie? They are some of my very favorite treats! One thing I don’t love about them, though, is how long they take to make. Between mixing, chilling, baking, and decorating, it takes hours before I can enjoy some delicious cookies.
Needless to say I was so thrilled when I partnered with Chex and discovered this sugar cookie Chex mix recipe! It tastes just like a sugar cookie, but with the delicious crunch of a Chex mix! It takes only a few minutes to make, and is made with simple, easy ingredients. I made this sugar cookie Chex mix with my girls recently, and they had so much fun measuring, pouring, and sprinkling!
How To Make Sugar Cookie Chex Mix
Cereal – Measure the Chex cereal into a large microwaveable bowl and set it aside.
Mixture – Add the butter to a 2 cup microwave-safe measuring cup and then microwave it for 30 seconds on high, or until it has melted. Next, add the sugar and water, and microwave it for another 30 seconds. Mix everything until it’s nice and smooth. Finally, add in the vanilla to the mixture. Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and toss to combine.
A Little More Heat – Place the bowl with the cereal into the microwave and microwave on high for four one-minute intervals. You’ll want to give everything a good stir in between each interval.
A Dusting Of Sugar – Sprinkle the nix with the powdered sugar and stir everything until coated. Alternatively, you can allow the Chex mix to cool for a few minutes and add it to a zipper bag with the powdered sugar. Then you can give it a good shake until everything is coated. Once the powdered sugar is added, spread the Chex mix on a baking sheet to cool.
Final Touches – Microwave the white chocolate or baking chips on high for about 30 seconds. You just want everything to be melted so it can be stirred smooth. Drizzle the white chocolate over the Chex mix and scatter the sprinkles over the top. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Storing – Just like a box of cereal, this Chex mix won’t do well sitting out. Store whatever you don’t plan on eating in the next couple of hours in an airtight container.
This sugar cookie Chex mix would make a perfect gift for a friend or neighbor! I wanted them to have a more personalized touch, so we got to work making cookie-shaped gift tags for our Chex mix. I quickly traced some circles onto brown kraft paper to represent the cookies, and let the girls go to town with all of their art supplies.
I absolutely love how cute they turned out! I just added the Chex mix to a cellophane bag, tied with a fun ribbon, and added the cute tags. I’ll bet you can’t tell which tag was done by the eight year old and which was done by the four year old. 🙂
More Delicious Chex Mix Recipes
- Original Chex Mix Recipe
- Chex Mix Muddy Buddies
- Zombie Bait Chex Mix
- Sugary Sweet Chex Mix
- Lemonade Chex Mix Recipe
This sugar cookie Chex mix is really the ultimate snack! It’s crunchy and sweet, full of flavor, and so pretty with the sprinkles and white chocolate. You will definitely not be able to stop munching on it!
Sugar Cookie Chex Mix Recipe
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate , or 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1-2 teaspoons sprinkles
- Measure the cereal into a large microwaveable bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter to a 2 cup microwave-safe measuring cup, and microwave for 30 seconds on high, or until melted. Add the sugar and water, and microwave for another 30 seconds. Mix until smooth. Add the vanilla, then pour the butter mixture over the cereal and toss to combine.
- Place the bowl with the cereal into the microwave and microwave on high for four one-minute intervals, stirring in between. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and stir to coat. Alternatively, you can allow the Chex™ Mix to cool for a few minutes, add it to a zipper bag with the powdered sugar, then shake to coat. Once the powdered sugar is added, spread the Chex™ Mix on a baking sheet to cool.
- Microwave the white chocolate or baking chips on high for 30 seconds, or until it is melted and can be stirred smooth. Drizzle the white chocolate over the Chex™ Mix and scatter the sprinkles over the top. Allow to cool completely before serving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chex. The opinions and text are all mine.