Maple Sugar Cookies are the perfect Fall treat! A light drizzle of maple glaze is the perfect finish for these simple, delicious cookies!
If you love maple-flavored sweets, you’ll have to try these Maple Dulce de Leche Scones when you’re done with these cookies.
Easy Maple Cookies
I’m a huge fan of Sugar Cookies! I love them because you can always make them with a variety of flavors and they always turn out great!
However, one of the hardest parts of making sugar cookies is taking the time to chill the dough, then roll it and cut it out. These maple sugar cookies can be rolled and cut as soon as they are done mixing and no chilling required!
Plus, if you don’t want to roll it out, you can scoop the dough like any drop cookie, and flatten it out with the heel of your hand. They’re just so easy to make!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For The Cookies
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Mapleine (maple flavor)
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Pure maple syrup
- Heavy cream or milk
How To Make Maple Sugar Cookies
Prep – You’ll want to preheat the oven to 350° before you get started. You should also line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Cream – Throw the the butter and sugars into a bowl and cream everything together until the mixture is fluffy.
Wet Ingredients – Next, beat the egg, vanilla and mapleine into the sugar mixture.
Dry Ingredients – Add the baking powder and salt to the batter and then mix until fully combined. Then add one cup of flour to the bowl at a time. Mix everything until it has completely combined after each addition of flour.
Roll It Out – Finally, you’ll want to roll out the cookie dough until it’s about ¼” thick. Then cut out the cookie dough with your desired shape of cookie cutter.
Cook – Bake the maple sugar cookies for about 7 minutes or until they have set but not browned.
Maple Glaze – To make the glaze, simple whisk together all of glaze ingredients. Once it’s ready, drizzle it over the top of the maple cookies.
Maple Flavor – You can adjust the maple flavor to fit your taste. If you prefer a lighter maple flavor in the cookies, use half of a teaspoon of mapleine. For a deeper maple flavor, use one teaspoon.
Best Syrup – Pure maple syrup has a deeper flavor than the Mrs. Butterworth’s type of syrups so I definitely recommend using a pure version.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
For more simple and delicious cookies, try some of my favorites!
- Easy Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Blueberry Cobbler Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Snickerdoodle Cookies
Maple Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp mapleine, maple flavor
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream, or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and mapleine.
- Add the baking powder and salt and combine.
- Add flour one cup at a time, beating until combined after each addition.
- Roll out the dough to ¼” thick and cut out with your desired shape of cookie cutter. Place on a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until set but not browned.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle over cookies.