Chocolate and caramel brownies are a match made in heaven. Add pecans and you have unbeatable brownie recipe that are perfect for any occasion!
If brownies are your love language too, you’ll also want to try these Classic Homemade Brownies, Milky Way Brownies and Cookie Dough Brownie recipes.
Easy Caramel Brownies
I don’t know who invented the chocolate and caramel combo, but they should get an award of some kind. Chocolate and caramel are like a marriage made in heaven.
Plus, when you add some pecans to the mix, you have an unbeatable brownie that is perfect for any occasion. Summer barbecue? You bet. Baby shower? Undoubtedly. Cradling a scoop of vanilla ice cream? Of course.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate chips
- Pecans or your other favorite nut
How To Make Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Prep – Before you get baking, you’ll want to preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. You’ll also want to grease your 9×13 baking pan.
Cream – The first step is to cream together the sugar, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Then stir the melted butter into the mixture.
Dry Ingredients – Next, stir in the remaining dry ingredients until everything has full blended together.
First Layer – Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking pan and bake it for 20 minutes and then remove it from the oven.
Caramel Center – Drizzle the caramel sauce and sprinkle half of the nuts and chocolate chips over the brownies.
Top Layer – Pour the remaining half of the brownie batter over the top and spread it out evenly. Then sprinkle the remaining nuts and chocolate chips over the top.
Cook – Bake the chocolate caramel brownies for about another 35 minutes or until they’re cooked all the way through.
Caramel – There are two options when it comes to the caramel in these chocolate brownies. One is to buy the caramel ice cream topping in the jar at the store. The other is to make your own caramel by boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk.
More Easy Brownie Recipes
- Marshmallow Krispie Brownies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- Cake Mix Brownie Recipe
- Creme de Menthe Brownies
- Toasted Coconut Dark Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate Caramel Brownies Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup of butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 12 oz. caramel ice cream sauce
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream sugar, eggs, and vanilla
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the brownies. At this point, you can also add half of the chopped pecans and half of the chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour the remaining brownie batter over the top. Put the remaining chopped pecans and chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for another 35-40 minutes.
Can you add the caramel and nuts between the two layers of brownie batter without baking the initial layer first and just bake all at once?
It can work, sort of, but there won’t get that nice caramel layer in between since the sauce will just mix in with the batter.