These creme de menthe brownies are so quick and easy to put together, but are still impressive enough to bring to a holiday party. Mint chocolate brownies just might be your new favorite treat!
The combination of mint and chocolate is one of my favorites! A few of my other favorites with this delicious combo are this Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Dip, Fudge Peppermint Parfait and Homemade Thin Mints recipes.
Creme De Menthe Brownies
I think my favorite thing about the holidays has to be all the amazingly delicious food, and these mint brownies are no exception. Although I’ve made a lot of brownies in my day, this homemade brownie recipe is my very favorite, and the one I always turn to when I need a fail proof recipe. Last week I had the totally brilliant idea of throwing in some Andes Creme de Menthe pieces, and let me just tell you… best decision ever!
As much as I love mint, it can be a little overpowering at times – but not with these chocolate mint brownies! They have a subtle minty flavor, and it totally complements the dark chocolaty taste of the brownies. I love that the chocolate and mint harmonize instead of competing with each other. Oh, and they’re also pretty amazing warm with ice cream and chocolate sauce on top. Yum!
How To Make Mint Brownies
Prep – Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F while you’re making the brownie mix. You can also line your baking pan with parchment paper to make removing them easier.
Mix – In a large bowl, or a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Next, you’ll add the eggs and and vanilla and continue to stir until the mixture becomes smooth. You’ll then want to mix in the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt until it just combines. Finally, you’ll want to fold in small pieces of creme de menthe. Set aside a few pieces to sprinkle over the top.
Bake – Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread it out so it’s even. Sprinkle the pieces of creme de menthe over the brownie mix and then bake for 20-25 minutes. Once you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean, you’ll know they’re ready. Let them mostly cool before serving so they don’t fall apart when you cut them.
More Delicious Homemade Brownies
- 3 Ingredient Red Velvet Brownies
- The Best Homemade Brownies Recipe
- Cookie Dough Brownies Recipe
- Milky Way Brownies
- Toasted Dark Chocolate Coconut Brownies
What Goes Good With Creme De Menthe Brownies
I am a huge fan of adding a scoop of ice cream on top of my brownies for dessert. Here are a few of our favorite ice cream recipes we think you’ll love!
Grab a glass of milk and enjoy these delicious creme de menthe brownies! Leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought.
Creme de Menthe Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Andes Creme de Menthe pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line with foil a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs, and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in creme de menthe pieces, reserving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan, top with remaining creme de menthe pieces, and bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted about two inches from the side of the pan comes out clean.
- Let cool and then cut into squares (I usually cut 16 squares, since they are pretty rich).