We are brownie lovers at our house (brownie edges are coveted over here), so I thought it was only fitting that Valentine’s Day should include red velvet brownies! These red velvet brownies are super easy and fast to make. Just stir three (that’s right, only three!) ingredients together and you’re ready to bake!
I made an indentation in my mini brownies so they would hold more ice cream. I used the narrow end of my pestle (from my mortar and pestle) but you can use whatever you have…or leave the brownie as is. It will come out of the oven with a slight indentation (as shown in the picture above), so it’s up to you how pronounced you want it to be.
Mini Red Velvet Brownies & Ice Cream
- 1 red velvet cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- vanilla ice cream
- desired toppings (sprinkles, drizzled chocolate, hot fudge, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine the cake mix, butter and egg until well combined. Scoop into a mini muffin tin, about 1 tbsp for each brownie (I used my cookie scoop). Batter will be very thick.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. Remove from oven, and using the blunt end of a kitchen utensil or a spoon, make a large indentation in each brownie. This will make more room for ice cream in your brownie. If you would rather have your ice cream sit on top instead of in the brownie, omit this step.
- Using your cookie scoop, place 2 or 3 scoops of ice cream on each brownie. Add any desired toppings.
My kids loved having their own little brownie cup to hold their ice cream- little servings are just cuter and more fun for kids!
For two more of my favorite sweets that I like to make for my sweethearts, don’t miss: