These Milky Way brownies are incredibly delicious and the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of your favorite candy bar in an amazing brownie.
Desserts topped with caramel are my favorite! Once you’re done with these, you should also try this amazing Caramel Apple Dip, Salted Caramel Cheesecake and Caramel Cheesecake Cookie Bars.
Easy Milky Way Brownies
Do you have a favorite candy bar? When I was growing up, I couldn’t get enough of a Snickers bars but these days I’m all about the Milky Ways.
I’m a sucker for anything with caramel, and I love the way the caramel blends with the chocolate nougat. They’re candy perfection, as far as I’m concerned.
Of course, I also have a deep and abiding love for homemade brownies, so I decided it was high time I figured out a way to combine the two. These easy Milky Way brownies were the result of a little trial and error and they ended up being even better than I had anticipated!
They’re so good, I’ve taken these brownies to a Birthday Party, a Super Bowl party and a Baby Shower and they’ve always been a hit! Just be sure to have a large pitcher of milk ready to serve with these!
Tools I Used
- 9 x 9 Baking Pan
- Kitchen mixer – I love my KitchenAid brand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- My favorite kitchen knife
- Cocoa powder – My favorite one to use is the Hershey’s brand
How To Make Milky Way Brownies
Prep – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees before you get started. You’ll also want to line your baking pan with parchment paper.
Wet Ingredients – The first thing you’ll want to do is mix all of the wet ingredients (butter, vanilla & eggs) together in a mixing bowl.
Dry Ingredients – Next, mix together all of the remaining dry ingredients until they’re fully blended. Then add them to the bowl of wet ingredients and stir everything together.
Cook – Pour the brownie mix evenly into the pan and then bake them for about 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
Cool – When the brownies are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool completely.
Chocolate Topping – To make the brownie topping, heat the semi-sweet chocolate chips and half & half incrementally until it has melted. Then stir in the marshmallow cream and spread the topping over the brownies.
Chill – Next, put the brownies in the fridge until they’ve chilled.
Milky Way Topping – First, pour the caramel sauce over the brownies and spread it evenly on top. Then incrementally heat the milk chocolate chips in the microwave and then drizzle the chocolate over the top of the caramel.
More Easy Brownie Recipes
- Marshmallow Krispie Brownies
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- Easy Mint Brownies Recipe
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
They’re also so rich that you will definitely need a big glass of milk to go with them! I cut my milky way brownies into 16 pieces, and even a small piece was still so rich that I could hardly finish it. I did anyway, of course. They’re the kind of brownies you just have to see through to the end. 🙂
Leave us a comment below and let us know who they turned out. If you made any variations to the recipe, we’d love to hear about that too!
Milky Way Brownies Recipe
For The Brownies
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For The Topping
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons half and half, or heavy cream
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9 x 9 baking dish with foil or parchment, and set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan, and spread evenly. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted one inch from the side of the pan comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and half and half. Heat on 50% power for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat, until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the marshmallow cream and spread the mixture over the brownies. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the brownies and spread evenly. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the milk chocolate chips at 50% power, stirring every thirty seconds. Drizzle the chocolate over the caramel layer, and serve.
These brownies are HEAVENLY! So easy to make and delicious!
Milky Ways are my favorite candy bar, so you better believe these are the best! Fudgy brownies with a delicious, creamy frosting, means one happy girl!
These were incredible! Brownies are my favorite and I just love trying new variations and these are definitely one of my favorites. Great recipe!
They look SO good!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Oh, my stars! These pictures make me drool. This recipe looks ah-mazing!!! Pinned and sharing. Thank you for joining us at Family Joy Blog Link-Up Party. I hope you will join our next party starting Sunday at noon EST.
These are probably the best looking brownies I’ve ever seen! I love Milky Ways! Just letting you know that I’ll be featuring your recipe tomorrow night on Best of the Weekend!
These sound delicious! Thanks for sharing at the #InspirationSpotlight Party @DearCreatives Pinned & shared.
Wow, these brownies look amazing. Adding them to my cookie list.
Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon Party,
These brownies look wonderful. All that caramel goodness on the top. Thank you for sharing your recipe at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!
Wow, these look dangerously-delicious! Featuring this week on Family Fun Friday, thanks for linking up!
Oh my this looks so good. And I was in the mood for a brownie. I just sent it over to my girl who loves to bake. She’ll be making a batch for me pronto.
Oh, my goodness! These look amazing! (Did I just gain two pounds reading the recipe? Yikes!)
Wow! Those look good! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
OMG! I am so full from the Super Bowl party, but then I saw your amazing Milky Way Brownies! I can hardly wait to try them. Pinned!
Oh my goodness – just WOWZA! Looks so good! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!
Yummy! My only problem is I would want to eat the whole thing! Pinning!
What absolutely beautiful brownies! I can’t wait to make these for my daughters’ next college care packages.
Oh my goodness, I am so happy I clicked on your link at rattlebridge farms. This is the perfect delicious sweet goodie I need for my ladies night! I am going to make this this next week. Thank you for sharing, I pinned your recipe to my pinterest board so that I make it again and again!
Alicia, I can’t wait to try this brownies. Great idea, good job.