These luscious Milky Way brownies are incredibly delicious and perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth. An indulgent treat for any chocolate lover!
Do you have a favorite candy bar? When I was growing up, I couldn’t get enough Snickers bars, but these days I’m all about the Milky Ways. I’m a sucker for anything with caramel, and I love the way the caramel blends with the chocolate nougat. They’re candy perfection, as far as I’m concerned. Of course, I also have a deep and abiding love for brownies, so I decided it was high time I figured out a way to combine the two. These milky way brownies were the result, and they ended up even better than I had anticipated!
I started with my favorite simple and tasty brownies, then topped them with a homemade chocolate nougat (made by combining marshmallow fluff and melted chocolate – yum!) and drizzled them with caramel and more melted chocolate. They’re ooey-gooey, luscious, and amazingly delicious. They’re also so rich that you will definitely need a big glass of milk to go with them! I cut my brownies into 16 pieces, and even a small piece was still so rich that I could hardly finish it. I did anyway, of course. They’re the kind of brownies you just have to see through to the end. 🙂
Milky Way Brownies
for the brownies:
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons half and half or heavy cream
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9 x 9 baking dish with foil or parchment, and set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan, and spread evenly. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted one inch from the side of the pan comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and half and half. Heat on 50% power for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat, until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the marshmallow cream and spread the mixture over the brownies. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the brownies and spread evenly. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the milk chocolate chips at 50% power, stirring every thirty seconds. Drizzle the chocolate over the caramel layer, and serve.
For more over-the-top delicious brownie recipes, check out some of our favorites:
Hack Your Routine!
5 Time-Saving Tips for Crazy Busy Moms