Chocolate hazelnut brownies, with an irresistible homemade frosting, are a delicious dessert that will satisfy any chocolate lover.
After you’ve devoured a pan of these, you should also try our Classic Homemade Brownies, Milky Way Brownies and Toasted Coconut Brownie recipes.
Best Hazelnut Brownies
I am so excited that the holiday season is here and in full swing! Don’t hate me, but I already have my tree up and I’ve been blasting the Christmas music. It has been a challenging year for my little family in a lot of ways, and I feel like we need every last drop of Christmas cheer we can wring out of this season!
I’ve been trying this month to show my gratitude for the people in my life that I care about, and these chocolate hazelnut brownies made the perfect treat to share with some of my awesome neighbors this week!
This is my favorite basic brownie recipe, and it’s the one I use the majority of the time. I love that it’s super easy to mix up even without a mixer, and the brownies come out rich and moist and delicious.
The only way to make them better is to add some awesome chocolate hazelnut frosting! This frosting is pretty much the best thing ever, and it’s all I can do to stop myself from just eating it with a spoon. Yum!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For The Brownies
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
For The Frosting
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella or Nocciolata)
How To Make Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
Prep – Before you start making your hazelnut chocolate brownies, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. You’ll also want to line your baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
Cream – Next, you’ll grab a large bowl and cream together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
Wet Ingredients – Now you’ll add the vanilla and eggs to the bowl and mix everything until combined.
Dry Ingredients – Finally it’s time to add the remaining ingredients. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt, and then stir until everything has fully combined.
Bake – Spread the brownie mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan. Then cook them for about 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Frosting – Now it’s time to make the hazelnut frosting while you let the brownies cool completely. To make it, you’ll beat together the butter, powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla until it’s well blended.
Hazelnut – Finally, you’ll add the chocolate hazelnut spread and beat until it’s light and fluffy. Then spread the frosting over the brownies and enjoy!
More Delicious Brownie Recipes
- Easy Cake Mix Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Best Vegan Brownie Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- Creme De Menthe Brownie Recipe
Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies Recipe
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting:
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, like Nutella or Nocciolata
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 baking dish by lining with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt, and stir until combined.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted two inches away from the side of the pan comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread on the cooled brownies and enjoy!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in November 2014