These Devil’s Food Cake Mix Cookies only take a few minutes to stir together, and only a few minutes to disappear! My kids were begging for dessert first when we made these for our latest family dinner. They really did get gobbled up by kids and adults alike, so I promised to make more. And because of how quick and easy they are to make, it’s a promise I can actually keep! (If only all their requests were this easy.)
There are three simple options for how your cookies will look…you can scoop it and leave as is (far right pictures), roll the cookie dough in your hands to smooth it out (center picture), or you can roll it and stick a few chocolate chips on top (far left picture). They will all be equally delicious, but the rolled cookies will have a smoother, prettier look to them. Unless you’re going for something more rustic, in which case, save a minute by not rolling them!
Devil’s Food Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 (15.25 oz) Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. (I just used a wooden spoon…no mixer necessary!)
- Using a cookie scoop, drop onto a parchment or silicone-lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- Cool 1 minute, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- The last couple of times I made these cookies I made 30…15 per pan. They were a great size…not too big, not too small. They baked for 8 minutes and were just a little gooey in the center, which (in our family) is perfect!
- If you use a small (#60) scoop, you should yield about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.