These devil’s food cake mix cookies are super easy to make and your family will love them. Using only 5 ingredients, you can spend more time eating these cookies than you will making them!
I love these cake cookies because they are super simple to make. Some of my other favorite easy desserts to make are these amazing Homemade Brownies, Jello Cookies and the soft Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Easy Devil’s Food Cake Cookies
These devil’s food cake mix cookies only take a few minutes to stir together, and only a few minutes to disappear! My kids were begging for dessert first when we made these for our latest family dinner. They really did get gobbled up by kids and adults alike, so I promised to make more. And because of how quick and easy they are to make, it’s a promise I can actually keep! (If only all their requests were this easy.)
How To Make Devil’s Food Cake Mix Cookies
There are three simple options for how your cookies will look…you can scoop it and leave as is (far right pictures), roll the cookie dough in your hands to smooth it out (center picture), or you can roll it and stick a few chocolate chips on top (far left picture). They will all be equally delicious, but the rolled cookies will have a smoother, prettier look to them. Unless you’re going for something more rustic, in which case, save a minute by not rolling them!
- Choose your favorite box of devil’s food cake mix
- Mix together the required ingredients according to the box
- Scoop the cake mix onto a baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Allow the cookies to cool and enjoy
Tip For Making Devil’s Food Cake Mix Cookies
- To make your cookies all the same size, use a small ice cream scoop to when placing the dough on your cookie sheet
- If your cookies are burning on the bottom before they are completely cooked, try moving the baking rack up one slot in the oven. If this doesn’t solve the problem, you may need to buy a new cookie sheet.
Tools Used To Make Devil’s Food Cake Cookies
- A small ice cream scoop to make uniform cake cookies
- These are my favorite baking mats because they can go in the dishwasher
- Your favorite cookie sheet
More Cake Mix Cookies Recipes
If you loved these cookies, try come of our other popular cake mix cookie recipes.
- This 3 ingredient Cake Mix Cookies recipe is our most popular
- Our Lemon Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for summer
- One of my favorites are these Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Cookies
Devil’s Food Cake Cookie Recipe
Let us know how much you loved these devil’s food cookies by leaving us a comment below, or by tagging us on social media so we can see all of the tasty recipes you’re making!
Devil's Food Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
These devil's food cake mix cookies are super easy to make and your family will love them. Using only 5 ingredients, you can spend more time eating these cookies than you will making them!
- 1 15.25 oz Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. (I just used a wooden spoon...no mixer necessary!)
Using a cookie scoop, drop onto a parchment or silicone-lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set.
Cool 1 minute, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
The last couple of times I made these cookies I made 30...15 per pan. They were a great size...not too big, not too small. They baked for 8 minutes and were just a little gooey in the center, which (in our family) is perfect! If you use a small (#60) scoop, you should yield about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.