If you love the flavor combination of a rich chocolate cherry dessert, these delicious croissants will make your taste buds super happy!
Easy Dessert Croissants
These cute little chocolate cherry dessert croissants were an idea I came up with for Valentines Day a few years ago that turned out to be a huge hit with the husband! Not only are they a pretty little pastry, they are also suuuuuuper easy to make, and they taste fantastic!
Chocolate cherry croissants are made with only 3 simple ingredients that you can keep on-hand. Which means, if you’re like me and seem to have a never-ending craving for yummy chocolate treats, you can make these desserts anytime of year as soon as your craving strikes!
I made these chocolate cherry croissants again last week with the kids as a fun little treat and activity during spring break. My kids loved helping in the kitchen, and these little beauties were gone in about 5 minutes flat!
How To Make Chocolate Cherry Croissants
Prep – Start by rolling out your refrigerated crescent rolls onto a prepared baking sheet. I like silicone baking mats but parchment paper also worlds really well.
Filling – Scoop a tablespoon or two on top of each of them. Then sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of the cherry pie filling. You can use store-bought pie filling, or try your hand at our delicious homemade cherry pie filling recipe. (I can eat that stuff with a spoon!)
Roll – Starting with the fat end of the dough, roll them up to form the croissant shape.
Cook – Bake the chocolate cherry croissants in the oven according to the directions on the package. Once baked, these croissants are warm and melty on the inside, and they taste so good!!!
Topping – I like to dust the croissants with powdered sugar before serving them. It really doesn’t get any easier than that!
More Easy Cherry Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies
- Cherry Hand Pies
- Easy Cherry Strudel
- Delicious Cherry Streusel Bars
- Vanilla Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate Cherry Dessert Croissants
These cherry dessert croissants are just that easy. Now it’s time for you to give them a try and let us know what you think. Leave us a comment below and let us know how much you liked them.
Chocolate Cherry Dessert Croissants Recipe
- 1 package crescent rolls, refrigerated
- cherry pie filling, store-bought or homemade
- dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven as directed on the crescent roll package.
- Unroll and separate the crescent dough and lay each triangle flat on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling onto the center of the dough.
- Top with 4-5 chocolate chips .
- Roll up the dough into croissant rolls, starting with the wide end first.
- Bake according to package directions, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Once they are done, let them cool and then enjoy!