These cookie dough brownies are the perfect mix of my two favorite desserts! They’re a fudgy chocolate brownie layer topped with an eggless cookie dough, you’ll absolutely love!
Easy Cookie Dough Brownies
Do you ever get stuck trying to choose between a cookie and a brownie? I mean, in the grand scheme of things, it’s a pretty good problem to have but sometimes it’s just hard to choose! And when you throw in the whole cookie dough vs. brownie batter debate, too, it’s kind of just impossible.
That’s where these cookie dough brownies come in! A fudgy and chocolaty brownie layer, topped with a layer of sweet cookie dough that’s safe to eat. What could be better than that?
Ingredients You’ll Need
I love these cookie dough brownies because you don’t need any fancy ingredients. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Cocoa powder
Cookie Dough Layer
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
How To Make Cookie Dough Brownies
Prep – Before you start mixing the ingredients, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. I also like to line my baking pan with parchment paper.
Sugar Mixture – To make the brownie batter, you’ll start by whisking the butter and sugar together.
Wet Ingredients – Next, you mix in the eggs and vanilla until the mixture is nice and smooth.
Dry Ingredients – Add the remaining dry ingredients for the brownies and stir everything until it has just combined.
Bake – Spread the brownie mixture into the pan and then cook them for about 35 minutes or until cooked throughout. You’ll then want to let them cool completely.
Cookie Dough – Now it’s time to make the cookie dough layer. You’ll start by mixing the butter, sugars, milk and vanilla until they’ve blended together. Next add the salt and flour to the bowl and stir until the mixture is smooth. Finally, you’ll want to fold in the chocolate chips.
Spread & Serve – The last thing you’ll need to do is spread the cookie dough evenly over the brownie layer. Cut them into squares and then serve.
Thicker Brownies – I baked my brownies in a 9 x 13 pan, but if you’d like a thicker brownie layer, I would recommend using a 9 x 9 pan. You may need to add 5 or 10 minutes to the cook time but checking them with a toothpick will tell you when they’re ready.
Easier Spreading – The cookie dough can be a little difficult to spread, but I’ve found that it works well to roll it out between two pieces of parchment or wax paper, and then place it on top of the brownie layer.
More Easy Brownie Recipes
- Best Homemade Brownies
- Mint Brownies Recipe
- Milky Way Brownies
- Coconut Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
These cookie dough brownies are so rich that just a small piece was enough for me, but they are amazingly delicious! Let us know what you thought by leaving us a comment below.
Cookie Dough Brownies Recipe
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325. Line a 9 x 9 or 9 x 13 pan (depending on the thickness of brownies you would like) with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Spread the brownie mixture in the prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted 1 1/2 inches from the side of the pan comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely.
- To make the cookie dough, stir together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Add the flour and salt, and mix until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough over the cooled brownies in an even layer. Slice into squares and serve.