These cookie dough brownies are so rich and decadent! A fudgy chocolate brownie layer topped with eggless cookie dough, for an unforgettable dessert!
Do you ever get stuck trying to choose between a cookie and a brownie? I mean, in the grand scheme of things, it’s a pretty good problem to have, but sometimes it’s just hard to choose! And when you throw in the whole cookie dough vs. brownie batter debate, too, it’s kind of just impossible.
That’s where these cookie dough brownies come in! A fudgy and chocolaty brownie layer, topped with a layer of sweet cookie dough that’s safe to eat. What could be better than that?
More Easy Brownie Recipes
- Best Homemade Brownies
- Mint Brownies Recipe
- Milky Way Brownies
- Coconut Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
How To Make Cookie Dough Brownies
Cookie Dough Brownies
for the brownies:
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
for the cookie dough:
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325. Line a 9 x 9 or 9 x 13 pan (depending on the thickness of brownies you would like) with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Spread the brownie mixture in the prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted 1 1/2 inches from the side of the pan comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely.
- To make the cookie dough, stir together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Add the flour and salt, and mix until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough over the cooled brownies in an even layer. Slice into squares and serve.
I baked my brownies in a 9 x 13 pan, but if you’d like a thicker brownie layer, I would recommend using a 9 x 9 pan. The cookie dough can be a little difficult to spread, but I’ve found that it works well to roll it out between two pieces of parchment or wax paper, and then place it on top of the brownie layer. These cookie dough brownies are so rich that just a small piece was enough for me, but they are amazingly delicious!
For more amazing homemade brownie recipes, check out some of our favorites below!