Mint chocolate chip cheesecake dip is a fun, tasty, green dip that’s perfect for any occasion! This fun dessert dip is a delicious appetizer to serve at your next party.
I just love mint flavored desserts! Some of my other favorite minty treats are these Homemade Thin Mints, Peppermint Parfaits and Peppermint Cheesecake Cookie recipes.
A Sweet Appetizer
I’m kind of obsessed with dessert dips lately. They’re super simple to make, and everyone LOVES them…and I mean L.O.V.E.S them! I’ve brought various dessert dips to parties and gatherings and it never fails that a friend or two will track me down to get the recipe! But perhaps the best thing of all is that this dip is made with just 6 ingredients and requires only about 5 minutes of your time to prepare!
How To Make Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
- Smooth It Out – In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using hand beaters, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy. This will take about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix – Add the powdered sugar and peppermint extract, and beat on low until it has combined. Then increase the speed to medium and beat for an additional 1 minute.
- Go Green – Add the cool whip and green gel coloring and beat on low until combined and the color is uniform.
- Bring On The Chocolate – Fold in the chocolate chip morsels and then pour mixture into your serving dish. Top the mint cheesecake dip with additional chocolate chips for garnish.
- Serving – Serve the dip immediately, or cover and return to the refrigerator before serving.
Storage & Serving
Storage – When serving your mint cheesecake dip, be sure not to leave it on the counter for more than 2 hours. Just stick it back in the fridge to keep it fresh. This dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator if you have any leftovers or just want to graze on it all week.
Serving – I love to serve this dip with chocolate or regular graham crackers, apples or pretzels.
More Delicious Dips
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Coconut Cream Cheesecake Dip
- Marshmallow Fruit Dip
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chili Cream Cheese Dip
Leave us a comment below after you’ve tried this mint chocolate chip cheesecake dip and let us know what you think. We love seeing you try our recipes, so the next time you serve this at a party, snap a picture and tag us on social media.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 ounces cool whip, I used the extra creamy variety
- 1/8 teaspoon green gel coloring
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus a few more for garnish (I used Nestle DelightFulls Chocolate & Mint filled morsels)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using hand beaters, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and peppermint extract, and beat on low until combined.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 1 minute.
- Add the cool whip and green gel coloring and beat on low until combined and the color is uniform.
- Fold in the filled morsels.
- Pour mixture into your serving dish and top with additional filled morsels for garnish.
- Serve immediately, or cover and return to the refrigerator before serving.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in February 2015.
Oh my goodness, what a delicious dip! I even found one of my kids eating it with a spoon!
That’s awesome! So glad they loved it so much!
I am crazy about mint and chocolate together! This was so good and easy to make!
Oh, my, this was incredible!! I sure love mint chocolate chip & cheesecake!! What a great treat to have out. My family just loved it!
I’m so glad they all liked it!
Yum! This mint chocolate chip dip is fantastic! I love it with thin chocolate cookies!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!