This Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip is a fun, tasty, green dip- perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! (Doesn’t it look good?!?)
I’m kind of obsessed with dessert dips lately. They’re super simple to make, and everyone LOVES them…and I mean L.O.V.E.S them! I’ve brought various dessert dips to parties and gatherings and it never fails that a friend or two will track me down to get the recipe! But perhaps the best thing of all is that this dip is made with just 6 ingredients and requires only about 5 minutes of your time!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
Yield: about 4 cups
- 1- 8-ounce brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 8-ounce container cool whip (I used the extra creamy variety)
- 1/8 teaspoon green gel coloring
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus a few more for garnish (I used Nestle DelightFulls Chocolate & Mint filled morsels)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using hand beaters, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and peppermint extract, and beat on low until combined.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 1 minute.
- Add the cool whip and green gel coloring and beat on low until combined and the color is uniform.
- Fold in the filled morsels.
- Pour mixture into your serving dish and top with additional filled morsels for garnish.
- Serve immediately, or cover and return to the refrigerator before serving.
*This dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
EAT & ENJOY!!!
I like eating it with graham crackers – both the regular and chocolate ones taste amazing!
Here are a few more dips we think you’ll enjoy!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in February 2015.
Hack Your Routine!
5 Time-Saving Tips for Crazy Busy Moms