These savory baked garlic parmesan chicken wings are flavorful and delicious, and so easy to make. They’re perfect for parties or tailgaiting!
When it comes to planning food for an evening with friends, give me all the appetizers!!! Cranberry Brie Bites, Sweet & Savory Crockpot Meatballs, and Buffalo Chicken Dip are some of my go-to party foods. These Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings rank right up there with my very favorites!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
If I had to choose a favorite tailgating food, it would definitely be chicken wings! I had never really tried them until a few years ago, but once I did I fell hard. I love the crispy skin, the tender meat, and I love all the delicious flavor combinations. I’ve made spicy buffalo chicken wings and crispy baked chicken wings in the past, but these garlic parmesan chicken wings are a fun new favorite!
Garlic and parmesan are always one of my favorite flavor combinations, but when they’re combined with these wings, they are extra delicious! These wings are baked in the oven, not fried, but they still get the perfect crispy skin.
How to Bake Chicken Wings in the Oven
The secret to baking chicken wings and getting that same crispy skin is to use baking soda in the flour coating. I don’t know exactly what kind of magic it works, but the wings bake up golden brown and crispy every single time!
Once the wings are baked, you just toss them in a quick garlic parmesan butter sauce, and then they are ready to eat!
Tip For Baking Parmesan Chicken Wings
- The wings do get a little messy as they bake (as you can see above), so I like to bake them on a silicone baking liner for easier cleanup. Rinsing a silicone liner beats scrubbing a baking sheet any day, right?
More Delicious Garlic Parmesan Recipes
- Garlic Parmesan Turkey Cutlets
- One Hour Garlic Parmesan Rolls
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Pretzel Bites
- Easy Garlic Chicken
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
These wings are the perfect appetizer or game day food! We like them so much that I sometimes just serve them for dinner (with a plate of fresh veggies on the side to balance things out a little). They’re best when they are hot out of the oven, and we love dipping them in homemade ranch or blue cheese dressing. They’re packed with flavor, and super delicious.
Also, they can be totally addicting… don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
for the wings:
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
for the topping:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment and spray with cooking spray.
- Trim the wings and cut into wingettes and drumettes. In a gallon ziplock bag, toss together the flour, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, and baking powder. Shake the wing pieces in the flour mixture to coat.
- Place the wings on the prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes, turn, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the parmesan, garlic, and dried parsley, and mix to combine. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Serve hot.