These soft garlic parmesan pretzel bites are savory and delicious, and perfect for snacking. These soft pretzel bites are even better than the ones you can get at the mall. They’re ready in about an hour and super easy to make!
Garlic Soft Pretzel Bites
When I was in high school, I worked part time at a department store in the mall. My favorite way to spend my twenty minute break was to amble over to the food court and buy a hot pretzel. I have so many fond memories of eating those buttery, salty, soft pretzels!
When I got older and started being interested in making foods from scratch, pretzels were one of the first things I learned how to make. My homemade pretzels are just as good as the ones I remember from the food court, plus they’re simple to make. These garlic parmesan pretzel bites are a new twist on my favorite homemade pretzel recipe, and they are so flavorful and super delicious!
How To Make Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast
- Add the water and stir to form a soft, smooth dough
- Knead gently for about five minutes, until smooth
- Lightly flour the dough and place in a gallon size Ziplock bag
- Seal the bag, leaving room for the dough to expand
- Let rise for 30-60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat
- Divide the dough into four pieces, and roll each piece into a long rope about 1 inch in diameter
- Cut each rope into one inch pieces
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil and slowly stir in 1/3 cup of baking soda
- Dip the dough pieces into the water bath for about 20-30 seconds
- Then place on the prepared baking sheet
- Repeat with remaining dough. Let rest uncovered for 10 minutes
- Bake 7-8 minutes, or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
- While the pretzels are cooling, melt the butter in a small bowl, and whisk in the garlic salt and parsley
- Pour the butter over the pretzels and toss to coat
- Add the parmesan cheese and toss to combine
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce
Tips For Making Homemade Pretzel Bites
- Dipping the soft pretzel bites in the baking soda bath is what gives them the golden brown look when they’re finished baking
- Stir the baking soda into the boiling water slowly because it can boil over
- To evenly coat the pretzels with the garlic and parmesan, I typically put those ingredients in a large Ziploc bag with the baked pretzel bites and give them a good shake
My whole family loved them and polished off the whole batch in one night. You will definitely want to give these buttery little bites a try!
How To Store Soft Pretzel Bites
If by some miracle you have pretzel bites left at the end of the day, place them in an airtight container for storage. These can be kept fresh in the refrigerator for about 7 days.
If you want to make a batch ahead of time, you can also freeze these for up to three months. Just be sure to place them in a freezer safe, airtight container (like Ziploc freezer bags) before placing them in the freezer. Don’t forget to write the date on the outside of the container so you can remember when you put the in there.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
I made these pretzel bites as a side dish with our favorite tomato soup, and they were wonderful together! I love that they take less than an hour to make, which makes them perfect for when you need a quick and delicious snack or an easy party appetizer. Here are a few of our other favorite appetizer recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Ham and Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cranberry Brie Bites
More Garlic Parmesan Recipes
I love recipes that have the savory combination of garlic and parmesan. If you’re like me, you’ll also love some of these other delicious recipes.
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Garlic Parmesan Turkey Cutlets
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- One Hour Garlic Parmesan Rolls
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Garlic Parmesan Pretzel Bites Recipe
Now it’s time for you to give this delicious recipe a try. Leave us a comment below and let us know how much you enjoyed these amazing pretzel bites or tag us on social media when you’re serving them at our next party because we love to see what you’ve been up to in the kitchen!
Garlic Parmesan Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe
For the Pretzels
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
For the Baking Soda Bath
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 3 quarts water
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast.
Add the water and stir to form a soft, smooth dough.
Knead gently for about five minutes, until smooth.
Lightly flour the dough and place in a gallon size Ziplock bag.
Seal the bag, leaving room for the dough to expand.
Let rise for 30-60 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
Divide the dough into four pieces, and roll each piece into a long rope about 1 inch in diameter.
Cut each rope into one inch pieces.
Make the bath by bringing the water to a boil and slowly adding in the baking soda
Dip the dough pieces into the water bath for no more than 30 second
Then place on the prepared baking sheet.
Repeat with remaining dough. Let rest uncovered for 10 minutes.
Bake 7-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
While the pretzels are cooling, melt the butter in a small bowl, and whisk in the garlic salt and parsley.
Pour the butter over the pretzels and toss to coat (I usually add everything to a ziplock bag and shake).
Add the parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.