Honey muffins are a sweet and delicious way to start your day. They’re easy to make and turn out soft and delicious every time!
Easy Honey Muffins
I love a good muffin! They’re one of my favorite breakfast foods. I love that they’re so portable and sturdy, and there are a million different flavor varieties, so I never get bored.
Besides, it’s a little like eating cupcakes for breakfast, right? 🙂 These honey muffins are so light and tender, with a delicious sweet honey flavor. They’re made with simple ingredients that I always have on hand, and make for the perfect breakfast or snack.
I made them recently as an after school snack with my kiddos, and they both loved them! We had a great time munching on muffins and milk together while they each recounted all of their adventures at school during the day.
These muffins are the perfect recipe to get the kids involved in baking, too. My four year old absolutely loves to scoop ingredients, mix, and pour, and my eight year old is great at reading the recipe and cracking the eggs for me. Baking together is one of my favorite ways to spend time with my kids. I hope you’ll give these a try too!
Ingredients You’ll Need
What I love most about this honey muffin recipe is that you only need a few basic ingredients that I’m sure you already have in your pantry.
- Baking powder
How To Make Honey Muffins
Prep – Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. You’ll also need to prepare a muffin tin by spraying it with cooking spray or lining with paper liners.
Dry Ingredients – First, you’ll want to whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
Zap – Using a small microwave safe bowl, combine the milk, honey, and butter together. Then, heat the mixture for about 45 seconds on high, or until the butter has started to melt.
Stir – Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir everything to melt the butter completely. Next, you’ll mix the egg in with the wet ingredients.
Combine – Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Fill & Cook – Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin. You’ll want to fill each spot about 3/4 full. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the honey muffins are a light golden brown.
Too Sweet? – These honey muffins are a little on the sweet side (which I love!), but if you would prefer them a little less sweet you could definitely reduce the granulated sugar to 1/4 cup. I’m sure the muffins would still be just as light and fluffy and wonderful. (Having the raging sweet tooth that I do, though, I will stick to the original recipe.)
Presentation – I’m all about the presentation when making a delicious recipe. Using cute cupcake liners when making these muffins is an easy way to make them look perfect.
Perfect Topping – I love to add Whipped Honey Butter to these muffins while they’re still nice and warm.
More Easy Muffin Recipes
- Homemade Cornbread Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Muffin Recipe
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Peach Streusel Muffins
- Best Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Honey Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400. Prepare a muffin tin by spraying with cooking spray or lining with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, combine the milk, honey, and butter. Heat 45 seconds on high, or until the butter has started to melt. Remove from the microwave and stir to melt the butter completely. Mix the egg into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4 full. Bake 15-18 minutes, or until light golden brown.