These sweet peach streusel muffins are bursting with juicy peaches and topped with a delicious buttery streusel!
I will never say no to a good muffin. They’re pretty much like eating cake for breakfast, and what could be better than that? These peach streusel muffins are some of my favorites. They’re topped with a delicious buttery streusel, and taste almost like peach cobbler, but in muffin form. They are so delicious and so easy to make!
How to Make Peach Streusel Muffins
Prep – Before you get started, you’ll want to preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. You will also want to either grease the muffin tins or use some adorable muffin liners so you can easily remove the muffins once they’ve finished baking.
Mix Wet Then Dry – Start by mixing the buttermilk, eggs and oil together in a small bowl. Next, you’ll whisk together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Once the dry ingredients are fully mixed, add the wet ingredients to the bowl and stir until everything has completely mixed together.
Add The Peaches – Once you made the batter, gently fold in the sliced peaches. I used some of my home-canned peaches for these muffins, but they would be equally delicious with fresh peaches, especially when they’re in season, when they are sweet and plentiful.
Make The Streusel Topping – To make the delicious topping for the peach muffins, combine the sugar, cinnamon and flour into a small bowl. Cut the butter using a pastry blender, or two knives, until the pieces of butter are no larger than a pea.
Fill The Tins – Scoop the batter into a prepared muffin tin, then sprinkle with the crumb topping over the top.
Baked To Perfection – Bake the muffins for 15 minutes and they’re good to go!
More Delicious Muffin Recipes
- Best Ever Blueberry Muffins
- Apple Muffins With A Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Recipe
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Banana Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
These are so light and tender, and perfect for breakfast, brunch, or after school snacks. They are a huge favorite with the whole family! After you’ve had a chance to make these peach streusel muffins, leave us a comment below and let us know how you liked them.
Peach Streusel Muffins Recipe
for the muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups diced peaches, canned or fresh
for the streusel:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, or grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the oil, egg, and buttermilk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the peaches.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4 cup full.
- To make the streusel, combine the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or two knives, until the pieces are no larger than pea sized. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the muffins.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool before serving.