These are the best blueberry muffins ever! Don’t believe me? Give them a try!
Several months ago I went to a baby shower brunch for a friend. One of the hostesses made the most delicious blueberry muffins I’ve ever had. (Which says a lot, ’cause I am a huge fan of blueberry muffins!) She emailed me the recipe a week later and I’ve already made them for my family four times! I just love the extra flavor and texture of the cinnamon crumb topping on these muffins – it is so delicious!! PLUS, these muffins are super simple to make and with the exception of the fresh blueberries, the ingredient list is made up of things I always happen to have on-hand! Easy and delicious blueberry muffins… what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
The Best Blueberry Muffins Recipe
for the muffins –
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
for the topping –
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners, or grease them with some non-stick cooking spray.
- To make the muffins, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Place the vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the egg and just enough milk to fill the cup.
- Add this with flour mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Do not over mix!
- Fill muffin cups right to the top and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping, mix together the cup sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon using a fork.
- Sprinkle over muffins, then place muffin pan inside the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.
This recipe first published on Somewhat Simple in February 2010
DON’T MISS A THING!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive our FREE Home Organization Binder Printables + weekly updates filled with creative inspiration and exclusive freebies!