This blueberry muffins recipe is the best ever! These blueberry muffins are so soft and sweet that you’ll think you just picked them up from the bakery. Don’t believe me? Give them a try!
Several months ago I went to a baby shower brunch for a friend. One of the hostesses made the most delicious blueberry muffins I’ve ever had. (Which says a lot, ’cause I am a huge fan of blueberry muffins!) She emailed me this easy recipe a week later and I’ve already made them for my family four times!
I just love the extra flavor and texture of the cinnamon crumb topping on these blueberry muffins – it is so delicious!! PLUS, these muffins are super simple to make and with the exception of the fresh blueberries, the ingredient list is made up of things I always happen to have on-hand! Easy and delicious blueberry muffins… what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
Blueberry Muffins Recipe
for the muffins –
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
for the topping –
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners, or grease them with some non-stick cooking spray.
- To make the muffins, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Place the vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the egg and just enough milk to fill the cup.
- Add this with flour mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Do not over mix!
- Fill muffin cups right to the top and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping, mix together the cup sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon using a fork.
- Sprinkle over muffins, then place muffin pan inside the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes We Think You’ll Love!
- Homemade Pancake Recipe
- The Best Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Vanilla Almond Pound Cake
- Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
This recipe first published on Somewhat Simple in February 2010
Hack Your Routine!
5 Time-Saving Tips for Crazy Busy Moms