This delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe an easy appetizer that is sure to please!
I was first introduced to this Buffalo Chicken Dip at a baby shower for my friend several years ago. I remember literally thinking about it for weeks after the shower and my mouth would just water! (It’s actually watering as I type this!) My taste buds fell in love, and there was no going back! I finally asked my friend for the recipe and all was right in the world again… especially since I saw how easy it was to throw together. (For reals – you toss everything in your crock pot and call it good!)
We’ve made this dip several times since then, and we’ve even tried a few variations of it because the flavors pair so well together. (Try these Buffalo Chicken Sliders – YUM!) This dip is dang delicious, but it is also severely addicting – don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Here is the amazingly simple recipe:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts- I put these in frozen
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup wing sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot®)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened & cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in crock pot with ranch dress and wing sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
- A half hour before serving, take chicken out of crock pot and shred it.
- Return to the crock pot and add the packages of cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir well.
- Serve with crackers, celery or chips! (My favorite is Tostitos Scoops!)
This buffalo chicken dip recipe has become one of my favorite go-to appetizers for parties. It tastes delicious and cannot be any easier to create! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in July 2009.