This delicious crock pot buffalo chicken dip recipe an easy appetizer that is sure to please! Just throw a few easy ingredients into your slow cooker and you will have a delicious appetizer in minutes!
I love to serve this easy buffalo chicken dip when I’m entertaining. These, along with my Ham and Cream Cheese Roll Ups, Homemade Salsa and Spinach Artichoke Dip are some of my favorite go-to appetizers.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
I was first introduced to this buffalo chicken dip recipe at a baby shower for my friend several years ago. I remember literally thinking about it for weeks after the shower and my mouth would just water! (It’s actually watering as I type this!) My taste buds fell in love, and there was no going back!
I finally asked my friend for the recipe and all was right in the world again… especially since I saw how easy it was to throw together. (For reals – you toss everything in your crock pot and call it good!)
We’ve made this dip several times since then, and we’ve even tried a few variations of it because the flavors pair so well together. This dip is dang delicious, but it is also severely addicting – don’t say I didn’t warn you.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip In A Crock Pot
- Place the chicken in the crock pot along with the Frank’s buffalo sauce and ranch dressing
- Cook the chicken and sauces using the low setting for 6-8 hours. If you need it sooner, use the high setting for 2-4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve this, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it
- Put the chicken back in the crock pot and then add in the cream cheese and shredded cheese
- Stir everything together so that it mixes really well
- Let the dip cook for about another 30 minutes and then serve
Items Used To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Your favorite slow cooker – I love my 8 quart Crock Pot
- My favorite spatula spoon
- Meat claws to shred the chicken
- I only use Frank’s Buffalo Sauce for this recipe
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yes, you can freeze the left over buffalo dip if you store it in an airtight container. However, I don’t like the texture of the dip after it has been frozen and then reheated. I typically just refrigerate any leftover dip and then try to use it in the next three to four days. When I’m ready to use it, I just scoop out what I need into a microwave safe bowl and warm that up to use.
Other Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- These buffalo chicken zucchini boats are a delicious low-carb dinner
- Savory buffalo chicken pinwheels are a yummy appetizer perfect for any party
- You can’t go wrong with these buffalo chicken meatballs
- Crock pot buffalo chicken sliders are an easy dinner idea
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
If you are like me, I don’t have a lot of time to spend cooking. Here are a few of my favorite Crock Pot recipes that are quick and easy to make:
- These grape jelly crock pot meatballs are delicious!
- This white chicken chili is perfect for a cool winter night.
- These crock pot chicken tacos are great for those busy days when you need dinner ready when you get home.
- Easy way to make crock pot baked potatoes
- The smell of a crock pot pepperoncini pot roast cooking all day is unmatched
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This buffalo chicken dip recipe has become one of my favorite go-to appetizers for parties. It tastes delicious and cannot be any easier to create! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Leave us a comment below and let us know how much you enjoyed this dip. You can also tag us on social media when you serve this at your next party because we love to see you enjoying one of our recipes!
Buffalo Chicken Dip In A Slow Cooker
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - I put these in frozen
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup wing sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot®
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened & cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in crock pot with ranch dress and wing sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
- A half hour before serving, take chicken out of crock pot and shred it.
- Return to the crock pot and add the packages of cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir well.
- Serve with crackers, celery or chips! (My favorite is Tostitos Scoops!)
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in July 2009.