These savory buffalo chicken pinwheels are easy to make and they taste delicious! They’re perfect for entertaining, and they make the best game-day appetizer!
These easy buffalo chicken roll-ups are my new favorite way to indulge in the classic flavors of buffalo chicken wings. Creamy, cheesy, spicy buffalo chicken dip, all rolled up in a soft crescent roll dough and baked to perfection.
They’re an easy weeknight dinner, but they also make the perfect party appetizer!
Here’s how to make them –
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- shredded cooked chicken (canned chicken breast or rotisserie chicken both work great!)
- cream cheese
- buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot sauce)
- crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- sliced green onions, optional for garnish
Preheat the oven and line 2 baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Roll out the crescent roll dough into a long rectangle on your work surface.
In a medium bowl, add the chicken, cream cheese and buffalo sauce.
Spread the chicken mixture over the crescent rolls, leaving a 1/2-inch border on the two long sides.
Roll the dough up into a long tube, then slice it into 3/4-inch slices with a serrated knife.
Sprinkle with some gorgonzola cheese, then pop the trays in the oven.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until the pinwheels are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
These buffalo chicken pinwheels are delicious with a side of celery, carrots, and some blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping. They will definitely be the star of your game day party!
Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. The crescent rolls are best reheated in a toaster oven, but you can use a microwave if that’s easier.
More Fantastic Appetizer Recipes
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 4 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with a silicone layer or spray with cooking spray.
- Roll one package of crescent roll dough out into a long rectangle, pinching together the seams as much as possible.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce, until combined. Spread the chicken mixture over the crescent roll dough, leaving a half inch around the edges uncovered. Sprinkle with gorgonzola cheese.
- Roll the dough up, starting at the long end, to form a long tube. Slice the roll into 3/4 inch slices, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with 3 other rolls of dough. (You will need 2 cookie sheets for all the rolls)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and melty. Let cool slightly before serving.