These savory and cheesy buffalo chicken zucchini boats are the perfect low-carb appetizer or dinner! They’re loaded with chicken and buffalo sauce, and they’re incredibly easy to make!
Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
Who else LOVES buffalo chicken? I discovered the joy of buffalo chicken wings when I was in high school, and ever since then, I haven’t been able to get enough! I’ve experimented with lots of different ways to enjoy the flavor, from tacos to wraps and salads.
These buffalo chicken zucchini boats are a fun new twist on my favorite flavor! They’re loaded with buffalo chicken and three kinds of cheese, all packaged together in a tender zucchini boat. It’s a delicious low-carb dinner that’s incredibly flavorful! These buffalo chicken zucchini boats are super easy and quick to make.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Zucchini
Prep Zucchini – You’ll start by cutting off the ends of your zucchini, then slicing them in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the center of each slice. Be sure to leave about 1/4 inch of zucchini around the sides and bottom to help hold in the buffalo chicken filling.
The Filling – The filling is super easy to make. I decided to mimic the flavors of my favorite buffalo chicken dip with some cream cheese, chicken, buffalo sauce (my favorite is Frank’s Buffalo sauce), and cheddar cheese. Simply throw the ingredients into a bowl and mix it al together.
Fill It – Next, scoop the filling on to each slice of zucchini. I am pretty crazy about blue cheese, so I sprinkled a little on top of each one as well. You can totally leave it out if you’re not a fan.
Cook – Bake everything for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. When the zucchini is tender and the cheese has melted, you’ll know you’re all set! I also like to drizzle them with a little blue cheese dressing on top. Ranch dressing is also super delicious!
These zucchini boats would be perfect for game day, or just for an easy and tasty dinner. Mine were perfect with a little fresh blue cheese dressing drizzled over the top. Yum!
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Savory Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- 4 zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups chicken, shredded cooked
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbles
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini, and slice in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the inside of the zucchini, leaving about 1/4 inch of zucchini around the edges. Place the zucchini in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, chicken, buffalo sauce, and cheddar cheese. Scoop the mixture into the zucchini shells, and sprinkle with the crumbled blue cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is melted. Serve warm drizzled with blue cheese dressing.