This easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe is loaded with fresh zucchini and chocolate chips. It is the perfect breakfast, dessert, or guilt-free treat!
Easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread
We’ve reached the time of Summer when all those spring gardens are blooming and it’s time to reap the fruits of our labor! (Or, if you’re like me, you’re reaping the fruit of your neighbor’s garden as they share their bounty with the neighborhood.) If you happen to be experiencing an abundance of zucchini, I have the perfect Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread recipe for you!
This isn’t your typical zucchini bread! It is studded with chocolate chips, zucchini and is nothing like you’ve ever tasted. The zucchini lends such moistness to the bread, and the chocolate flavor will ensure that these loaves won’t last long at your house! This bread is the perfect way to use up your summer squash!
This recipe makes two standard sized loaves. I typically make one standard loaf and then use the rest of the batter to make mini loaves to share with friends or to stash in my freezer for a later date.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups applesauce
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 4x8 loaf plans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, stir together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until skewer stuck in center of bread removes cleanly. Cool on rack 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Melanie is the delicious food blogger from Melanie Makes. She loves to make everyday eats a bit more interesting, and believes that every dessert can be made better with chocolate ganache! Melanie was a food contributor on Somewhat Simple in 2014.