Crock pot vegetable soup is a hearty recipe that’s incredibly easy to make. Loaded with your favorite vegetables, it’s both healthy and delicious!
An Easy Vegetable Soup
I love winter!! There is nothing better than cold nights being made comfortable with a warm bowl of this easy slow cooker vegetable soup.
It mirrors a traditional vegetable soup, but with the easiness of a crock pot. This hearty recipe is packed with protein and fiber and filled with quinoa, beans and lentils.
I love to serve it with a Grilled Cheese Sandwich or a slice fresh warm bread. Either way you can’t go wrong. Because this recipe only takes minutes to prepare it’s perfect for everyone. It’s time to get started so you can serve up something healthy for your family.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Navy beans
- Tomatoes with juice
- Garlic cloves
- Bay leaf
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and black pepper
How To Make Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
Just like other slow cooker recipes, this vegetable soup is super easy too. It takes just a few minutes to prep and then you let the crock pot do all of the work.
Night Before Prep – Rinse the beans in a colander with running water, then place the beans in a bowl covered with water and let them soak overnight.
Day Of Prep – Chop all the vegetables and store in an airtight container. Feel free to add or take away any of the vegetables to fit your taste.
Cook – Place the beans on the bottom of crock pot and then add all remaining ingredients but save the salt and pepper for the end. If you’re using the low setting, you’ll want to cook it for about 7 hours. If you’re cooking it on high then it’ll take about 3 hours. You’ll know it’s ready when the beans are tender.
Serve – Season with salt and pepper to your taste and then serve. I love to have a freshly baked loaf of Homemade French Bread to dip in it.
More Easy Soup Recipes
- Slow Cooker Mexican Albondigas Soup
- Best Split Pea Soup Recipe
- Homemade Ham & Bean Soup
- Buddy V’s Tomato Basil Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken & Rice Soup
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe
- ¾ cup dried navy beans
- 1 cup cubed zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 can unsalted diced tomatoes with juice
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- ⅓ cup dried lentils
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large cloves garlic
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken , or vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper
- Night before: Chop all the vegetables and store in an airtight container. Rinse the beans in a colander with running water, then place the beans in a bowl covered with water and let them soak overnight.
- Day of: Place the beans on the bottom of slow cooker and then add all remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low (3-4 hrs on high) or until beans are tender. Season to taste and serve.