Easy to make and fun to devour, these peanut butter and jelly pinwheel sandwiches make the perfect lunch or snack!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pinwheels are a simple way to add some fun to your day. These tasty little pinwheels have all the flavors of the classic PB and J, but they were devoured faster than I’ve ever seen any sandwich consumed!
They’re great for a simple lunch, but they’re also a delicious finger food and appetizer that both kids and adults love, so go ahead and add them to your potluck spread or party platter!
Anything that is bite-sized and on a toothpick is just fun, right?
While traditional pinwheel sandwiches are made with flour tortillas, deli meat, and a cream cheese mixture, these little bites are made with a layer of peanut butter and a layer of jelly on regular sandwich bread.
Here is how to make them:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pinwheel Sandwiches
- sliced sandwich bread (I used whole-wheat, but you can use whatever you’d like!)
- smooth peanut butter
- jelly/ jam
YOU WILL ALSO NEED –
- rolling pin
- butter knife
- sharp knife
With a rolling pin, ﬂatten bread slices as much as you can and cut off the crust on each slice of bread.
Spread some peanut butter and jelly on each slice of bread.
Roll each slice into a spiral as tightly as you can, then insert 4 toothpicks on the top of the roll to fasten the pinwheel closed.
Slice each roll into 4 pieces.
Serve and enjoy!
Aren’t these pinwheel sandwiches darling? Let us know if you make them by leaving us a comment in the section below.
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD SO YOU CAN SAVE THIS IDEA TO MAKE LATER –
Peanut Butter & Jelly Pinwheels Recipe
- 4 slices bread
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- With a rolling pin, ﬂatten bread slices as much as you can.
- Cut off the crust on each slice of bread.
- Spread some peanut butter and jelly on each slice.
- Roll each slice into a spiral as tightly as you can and then slice each roll into 3-4 pieces. Insert a toothpick to fasten the pinwheels closed.
- Rolling Pin
- butter knife