This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons. All opinions are 100% mine.
These peanut butter and jelly bacon cheeseburgers are over-the-top delicious and so easy to make! They’re a fun twist on a basic burger!
I know what you’re thinking – peanut butter and jelly bacon cheeseburgers? What?!? I promise, though, these burgers will change your life! They’re the perfect combination of savory and sweet, with the most delicious blend of flavors. After one taste, you will be totally sold!
Grilling season is still in full swing around here, and it’s always fun to come up with new and fun variations on basic burgers. These peanut butter and jelly bacon cheeseburgers are based on a super fun burger I tried at a local restaurant a few months ago, and they’re every bit as delicious when you make them at home! Best of all, they’re super easy to make.
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Bacon Cheeseburgers
To get started, I visited my local Albertsons store for all of my grilling essentials. I know I can always count on Albertsons for high-quality grilling favorites like steak, ground beef, pork ribs, and chicken. Their produce is always fresh and delicious, and I love how abundant the produce is this time of year! I picked up some fresh ground beef patties, bacon, sweet corn, grapes, and a few other essentials, and I was all set to make a delicious meal on the grill!
Albertsons makes my life easier with DriveUp& Go™ and Grocery Delivery, both of which are great options for busy moms like me. I love not having to drag the kids along with me for my grocery run, and the employees are always helpful and friendly! I shopped at Albertsons in my local area, but you can also find quality grilling and produce items at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, and Tom Thumb.
Making these peanut butter and jelly bacon cheeseburgers is so easy! I started with the bacon and used this tried and true recipe for making bacon in the oven. Since I wanted to bump up the flavor, even more, I sprinkled the bacon with a little brown sugar and cracked black pepper before baking it. It turns the bacon into delicious candied bacon in the oven!
Once I had the bacon in the oven, I started cooking the sweet corn and burgers on the grill. To make the sweet corn, just cut off the silk from the ends, and soak the ears for 10-15 minutes in cold water before cooking. Soaking the ears beforehand will prevent the husks from burning and smoking on the grill.
Once you’re ready to cook, just throw them on the grill for 10-15 minutes, until they are warmed through. They’ll steam right inside the cobs, and come out so tender and juicy. We love the corn with just a little butter, salt, and pepper on top.
I cooked our burgers to medium-well, but by all means, cook them however you like them.
Once you’ve got the burgers cooked, it’s time to start assembling! First, add a slice of cheese (I love sharp cheddar in these burgers).
Next, add a couple of strips of that beautiful candied bacon on top!
Finally, drizzle some warmed peanut butter and jelly on top. I just warmed each of them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, until they were easy to drizzle.
And ta-da! A gorgeous and incredibly delicious peanut butter and jelly bacon cheeseburger that is bursting with flavor. Serve it with some of that delicious grilled sweet corn and some fresh grapes on the side, and you’ve got a hearty summer meal that the whole family will love!
Definitely hand out some extra napkins, because these burgers are totally messy and gooey, but you will love every delicious bite!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bacon Cheeseburgers
for the candied bacon:
- 8 slices Signature Select hickory smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
for the burgers:
- 4 fresh ground beef patties
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup O Organics smooth peanut butter, warmed
- 1/2 cup Signature Select raspberry preserves, warmed
- 4 fresh bakery hamburger buns
- To prepare the bacon, preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place a cooling rack on top. Lay out the strips of the bacon on the sheet. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and black pepper. Bake 20 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
- To make the burgers, preheat a grill over medium heat. Sprinkle the ground beef patties with salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired level of doneness is reached.
- To assemble the burgers, place a burger patty on the bottom of each bun. Add a slice of cheddar cheese on top, and two slices of candied bacon. Drizzle with the peanut butter and jelly, then repeat with remaining burgers. Enjoy immediately.