Crock Pot White Chicken Chili is the perfect dinner on a chilly day. Filled with tender chicken, white beans, vegetables and cream cheese, it doesn’t get any better than this comfort food!
There is nothing better than eating this chili with things you can dunk in it. Some of my favorite things to dip into this delicious recipe are Lion House Rolls, Homemade Tortillas or a slice of Artisan Bread.
White Bean Chicken Chili
I love using my slow cooker in the fall because I find that we are busy all the time with my kids’ activities. I still crave delicious, hearty, home-cooked meals but I just haven’t had the time to make them lately. This white chicken chili is the perfect solution for a busy day, and is so tasty too! Plus, I just love the smell of this delicious recipe cooking in the slow cooker all day!
A few years ago my friend shared with me this recipe and it has been a family favorite ever since! My whole family loves this chili and my kids always finish their serving! This recipe makes a BIG crock pot full, so feel free to half the recipe, or freeze the extra in individual size containers and pull it out for an easy and healthy lunch.
I love recipes that I am able to keep most of the ingredients stocked in my pantry and so I can just toss them in the crock pot when I’m ready. Easy & delicious, this recipe is a keeper!
How To Make White Chicken Chili
If you’ve never made this crock pot chicken chili before, you’re in for a real treat. This is one of the easiest recipes you’ll find and you’re going to kick yourself for not making it sooner. Here’s how you make it:
- Place chicken breasts, white beans, salsa, green chilies, chicken broth and vegetables into the crock pot
- Cook on high for a minimum of 4 hours, or on low for at least 6 hours
- About 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve the chili, shred the chicken breasts with a fork and then stir in the cream cheese (this is the secret ingredient that makes this recipe incredibly good)
- Serve with tortilla chips at the bottom of the bowl and sprinkle shredded cheese and cilantro on top along with a side of Homemade Cornbread
Tips For Making Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- If you want to make this white bean chili even spicier, add additional green chilies to taste. I’m a wimp, so I just used a small pinch
- If you want to make this recipe even easier, substitute the chicken breasts with 2 cans of chicken, so you don’t need to shred it before you serve the chili
Can You Freeze White Chicken Chili
This chili recipe can keep fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days if you store it in a sealed container. If you don’t plan to eat it before then, I would freeze any leftovers for later. It’s also possible to store the entire batch and save it for a future dinner but I wouldn’t recommend it. While the recipe freezes great, by the time you make it, freeze it, thaw it and then warm it up again, it’s probably just easier to make a fresh batch.
However, my husband loves taking this chili to work all winter and eating it for lunch. I would recommend making a batch and placing servings into 16 oz freezer safe deli containers and saving them for later. This way you can take out exactly what you need for one meal. Just put it in the fridge the night before to thaw and then warm it up for lunch when you’re ready to eat it.
More Easy Soup Recipes
- Homemade Albondigas Soup
- Split Pea Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Turkey Corn Chowder
- Copycat Zuppa Toscana
White Chicken Chili Recipe
Go ahead, give this delicious chili recipe a try. Leave us a comment below and let us know how much you enjoyed this white bean chicken chili or tag us on social media after you make them because we love to see what you’ve been up to in the kitchen!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 breasts chicken, boneless & skinless
- 4 can white beans, undrained
- 16 oz salsa
- 1 pinch small green chilies, canned
- 2 can chicken broth
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup spinach, chopped, thawed & drained
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz pepperjack cheese, grated
- Tortilla chips
- cilantro, chopped
- Put the chicken, white beans, salsa, green chilies, chicken broth and vegetables into the slow cooker
- Cook everything on high for a minimum of 4 hours, or on low for at least 6 hours. Stir occasionally.
- A half an hour before you’re ready to serve the white chicken chili, shred the chicken breasts with a fork and then stir in the package of cream cheese
- Put tortilla chips at the bottom of the bowl before pouring in the chicken chili and then sprinkle shredded cheese and cilantro on top