These crockpot chicken tacos are one of our very favorite meals! With only 3 ingredients, this taco recipe is easy to make and takes no time to prepare. Simply put the ingredients into your slow cooker, then sit back and relax!
Easy Chicken Taco Recipe
I’ve been making crock pot chicken tacos for over 10 years now – this recipe is simple and it is so delicious! One of the greatest things about it is that you can make enough to serve just a couple people, or it’s easily adjusted to feed a crowd. We’ve made chicken tacos plenty of times when we entertain large groups, but my in-laws make it all the time for just the two of them. It is quite possibly the easiest, most delicious chicken taco recipe EVER!!!
How To Make Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe
Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 2 large boneless skinless breast of chicken- I put these in frozen
- 1 jar 16oz salsa
- 2 cans black beans drained
- Fresh Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Taco toppings: lettuce tomato, cheese, olives sour cream etc.
Place the chicken at the bottom of the crock pot. Pour the salsa and black beans over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
1/2 hour before serving, remove chicken onto cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Return chicken to croc kpot and turn heat to high. Leave the lid off for remaining 1/2 hour to burn off excess liquid around chicken and beans. Depending on how much liquid your chicken distributes, you may even want to strain this a bit in a colander before serving. Sometimes it can be pretty runny and cause for a soggy taco!
Serve in your favorite tortillas or taco shells and top with your favorite taco toppings!
You can sub the jar of salsa for a packet of taco seasoning if you'd like. No extra water is needed- the chicken has enough juice to keep the meat moist. You can also use pinto beans or white beans if you prefer those instead of black
slow cooker chicken tacos
It may be hard to believe but these crock pot chicken tacos can are even better when you wrap them in fresh homemade flour tortillas.
Do you like slow cooker chicken tacos? Try a few of other favorite recipes!
More 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes
- These Crock Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs are easy and delicious
- This Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is a delicious appetizer
- I love this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe for a busy day
- Easy Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
Other Easy Chicken Recipes
- This Chicken Divan recipe is one of my husband’s favorites
- A Chicken Fettuccine Casserole is one everybody will love
- This Chicken Salad is a healthy and delicious option