This chicken tetrazzini recipe is an easy family dinner that tastes delicious! Loaded with tender chicken and cheesy pasta, this simple recipe is easy to make and perfect for those nights when you need an easy dinner idea.
Best Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
This chicken tetrazzini is a delicious twist on a casserole my mom used to make for us when I was younger. Not only does it taste good, but it is also very simple to make. My kids LOVE it, which is a huge bonus!
You’ll start by mixing your cooked fettuccine noodles with some cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and some shredded chicken. (I just mix it in the pot that the noodles boiled in.)
Tools For Making Chicken Tetrazzini
- A pair of good Kitchen claws make cutting green onions a snap
- Kitchen claws take the work out of shredding chicken
- A 9″ x 13″ casserole pan
Once your noodles are covered in sauce, pour evenly into a casserole pan.
Sprinkle with some cheese and bread crumbs, then bake this casserole for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Before serving, sprinkle some green onions for added color and flavor, and you’re good to go!
So simple and delicious!
How To Make Chicken Tetrazinni
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
This chicken tetrazzini recipe is an easy family dinner that tastes delicious! This simple recipe is easy to make and perfect for a busy night.
- 1- 16 oz package fettuccine noodles
- 1- 10.5 oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken breast*
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dried parsley flakes or fresh green onions optional
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13x9 inch casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Boil the fettuccine noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to the same pot.
Add chicken, cream of chicken soup and sour cream to pot. Mix well with noodles.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Spread the noodles evenly into the prepared casserole pan.
Sprinkle with bread crumbs, then cheese.
Put the casserole pan into the oven and let it cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
*You can sub the cooked chicken breasts for 1 can of chicken breasts, drained and shredded
Can you Freeze Chicken Tetrazzini?
Yes, you can freeze this delicious chicken tetrazzini recipe so that it is ready when you are. Typically, I won’t leave a meal in the freezer for longer than two months. When you’re ready to use it, thaw it overnight in your refrigerator and don’t leave it on your counter top. Once the tetrazzini is at room temperature on your counter, bacteria can begin to grow and nobody wants that.
Chicken Tetrazzini Variations
- Use any pasta you have on hand – macaroni noodles are one of my favorite variations!
- Use canned tuna instead of chicken. (This would then be called my moms Tuna Casserole!)
- Add some vegetables to the mixture – broccoli, peas etc. This will add color and nutrition, but be sure to cook it longer, especially if you are using frozen vegetables.
What To Serve With Chicken Tetrazzini
- A seasonal fruit salad makes an excellent side
- These homemade dinner rolls are light and fluffy and the easiest to make
- A fresh spinach salad pairs well with this casserole
If You Loved Chicken Tetrazzini, Try:
Other Easy Dinner Ideas